OTA Phase 3 updates 5/28 - media will be present

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Not sure why your are being obtuse about this....in a real game does he fumble with a ball for 3 seconds going after it with a defender bearing down on him?  Probably not?

LOL.    All I implied a few responses ago is that a catch like that would not take place in a normal game (as the receiver would get 'dislodged' from the ball by DBs).   

You agreed.    Let's leave it at that...

It’s still not real football. OTA practices are performed in helmets and shorts, but don’t tell that to the coaches and teammates observing quarterback Josh Allen on the field in May.

“I’m just enamored with Josh and the strides that he’s taken and seeing him become a pro and the passes and the throws he’s making. It’s next level,” said DE Eddie Yarbrough. “I’m truly excited to see his second season because it’s… grab your popcorn.”

On the field the growth of Allen’s game is obvious. He has a firm grasp of the offensive system. He’s decisive with where he is going with the ball and his ball location is demonstrably improved from his rookie year.

“I've been impressed with his methodical work ethic and approach,” said head coach Sean McDermott. “It seems like he understands the work that he has to do and we have to do this offseason to get us to where we're trying to get to as a football team. And then offensively as well. He's done a great job.”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 5/28/2019 at 7:44 AM, billsfan1959 said:

But were any wearing helmets like this?

Kelso.jpg

As funny as it looks, all players should be made to wear the padded helmet. Not only is it beneficial to the head, players wouldn't be taken hard plastic shots to other parts of the body also. The QB smacking his hand on one of the linemen's helmet would also bring less risk.

Such a simple addition that doesn't seem to get any love.

Bills best weight room photos of the week

Check out photos of the Buffalo Bills working out during the team’s offseason program. Bills weight room photos are presented by Crunch Fitness.

https://www.buffalobills.com/photos/bills-best-weight-room-photos-of-the-week

Caption this 

veiqbqktrbasslxhr2t2.jpg

Magic 8 Ball - will I make the Pro Bowl?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

This article, and others keep taking about his rapport with Coach Daboll. I really hope they get several years together to continue developing this relationship.  I fear that a good year by Josh and this offense will be enough to get him head coaching offers next off season.

3 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

This article, and others keep taking about his rapport with Coach Daboll. I really hope they get several years together to continue developing this relationship.  I fear that a good year by Josh and this offense will be enough to get him head coaching offers next off season.

You just make Daboll the HC if that happens then.

Nothing trumps a great offensive mind and young QB in this league. 

Do whatever you gotta do to keep those 2 together IF they produce great results.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, McBean said:

You just make Daboll the HC if that happens then.

Nothing trumps a great offensive mind and young QB in this league. 

Do whatever you gotta do to keep those 2 together IF they produce great results.

Yea I could totally see the Bills going 12-4, lighting it up on offense, and McDermott getting fired so Daboll could be the HC...lol 

13 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Don't underestimate the "stay at home" factor for Daboll.  He may want to ride this thing out with a star QB and his hometown team.

12 minutes ago, eball said:

Don't underestimate the "stay at home" factor for Daboll.  He may want to ride this thing out with a star QB and his hometown team.

For now maybe, but eventually he will be a hc if he starts getting opportunities.  Im just really glad weve got him back and the same system for a second straight year. That is huge. If allen really gets going and daboll ends up leaving we should be ok by then

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, eball said:

I hope you're right, but there is also the "there are only 32 of these jobs in the world" factor too.  Of course, we are getting way ahead of ourselves. We just have to hope that if that offer ever does come for him, it is one of those "good problem to have" situations.

• Like (+1) 1