OTA Phase 3 updates 5/28 - media will be present

52 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This would have been a top 5 catch for the Bills last year.

the clay drop over the middle vs the jets where he had room to run comes to mind and a handful of the usual characters around here were out in full affect with the "ya but it shoulda been a better throw" BS that always accompanied a timely clay drop.

would be nice to see our qb's hopefully get rewarded trusting their wr's with some "area code" throws this year. happens all around the league on a weekly basis other than in buffalo it seemed.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

I know Knox has become the whimsical whipping boy of the off season, but with his athletic abilities, his development could provide us with the best TE that we have had in years.  I am kind of glad he has been thrown into first team reps, so that he can begin developing a rapport with Allen.

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

So is every other penalty yet they still happen?

That is not a good arguement.....

Would he be hit reaching out for the ball so he would not catch it?  Possibly......to say he is going to take a head shot because he reaches out for a ball is bull####....you can clearly see that the way players are getting hit has changed now they they are making a emphasis on it......

I dont see what the big deal is.....he reached out and secured a ball that was not thrown to him perfectly which is exactly what a TE should do.

8 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Me too. Hopefully it becomes a valuable family heirloom....

I suspect it already is. A family member can wear it to Josh’s HOF induction ceremony.

46 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

As soon as you try biking 30 miles at 315lbs..... :D

I've done 42 miles along the NH coast, Hampton Beach to Portsmouth and back. No hills. (That makes me a wuss too.) Plus I'm right around 315.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I've done 42 iles along the NH coast, Hampton Beach to Portsmouth and back. No hills. (That makes me a wuss too.) Plus I'm right around 315.

My best biking story was I did an 18 mile booze and bar hop bike ride just over 2 weeks after having knee surgery when I was supposed to not even ride a bike.  Doctor was not happy with me...but hey, just told him it didnt really hurt...and he said "Of course not, you were drunk"...lol.  I think I was more buzzed than drunk while on the bike itself, haha, but none the less it was a good day.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

That is not a good arguement.....

What do you mean? You insinuated that it couldn’t happen because it’s illegal.

Would he be hit reaching out for the ball so he would not catch it?  Possibly......to say he is going to take a head shot because he reaches out for a ball is bull####....you can clearly see that the way players are getting hit has changed now they they are making a emphasis on it......

Things still happen. A defender may not be targeting his head but it could still happen and that’s kinda the point.

I dont see what the big deal is.....he reached out and secured a ball that was not thrown to him perfectly which is exactly what a TE should do.

Who’s saying it’s a big deal?

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

What do you mean? You insinuated that it couldn’t happen because it’s illegal.

Things still happen. A defender may not be targeting his head but it could still happen and that’s kinda the point.

Who’s saying it’s a big deal?

OK....technically a football player could get hit on a football field and be injured even though it is illegal to target the head.

Feel better?

34 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I know Knox has become the whimsical whipping boy of the off season, but with his athletic abilities, his development could provide us with the best TE that we have had in years.  I am kind of glad he has been thrown into first team reps, so that he can begin developing a rapport with Allen.

He is a freak athlete. The kid is raw but his ceiling is high. I think the plan was to hope he learned from Kroft and was ready to be the lead dog his sophomore year. That process may now be accelerated.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Very few receivers can expect to take 3-4 steps fumbling for the ball in the middle of the field and not expect to get their world rocked, regardless of changes to the rule book....

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I've done 42 miles along the NH coast, Hampton Beach to Portsmouth and back. No hills. (That makes me a wuss too.) Plus I'm right around 315.

Never been anywhere near 315 closer to 215 but not back when I was riding regularly... did a bike trip in France in my mid 20s. Buds and I did 700 miles in 11 days, two days over 100 miles... including 120 one day, the last 30 miles behind farm trucks doing 35 to 40 mph... I was done after that, spent a week on the beach.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Very few receivers can expect to take 3-4 steps fumbling for the ball in the middle of the field and not expect to get their world rocked, regardless of changes to the rule book....

If you are saying "rocked" equals "head shot" then I am going to disagree with you.......

a.  In a real game he probably doesnt do this

b.  Not saying he wouldnt get hit if he did.....but concussions are now a big deal in the NFL

28 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

If you are saying "rocked" equals "head shot" then I am going to disagree with you.......

a.  In a real game he probably doesnt do this

b.  Not saying he wouldnt get hit if he did.....but concussions are now a big deal in the NFL

I'm confident he meant get hit, one way or another and the opportunity to bumble a ball for a few seconds will not happen but once a blue moon