OTA Phase 3 updates 5/28 - media will be present

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Go Levi!

I’m a big fan of Wallace and while this may be a biased take, I think he’s gonna be hard to unseat as the starter opposite Tre. He wants it too much. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

watch Zay bend over backwards to catch the ball 25 seconds in 

Meh...he has no defender, catch shouldn't have been that hard, he played the ball poorly.  Something he needs to improve at.  Glad he made the catch, but he needs to stop making catches so hard.  He is having a good day, but this play didn't excite me.

24 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

Josh playing DB to work the route with Zay.... 

Now THIS is the kind of good stuff from Zay, and especially Josh, that both gets me excited and encouraged!

Its no secret, one of the biggest criticisms I had (and so did many others) of Zay last year was the inconsistent route running and not giving Josh good targets early in the route.  Too much of Zay's production, and even our whole offenses production, came from when Josh had to extend plays on the run because there were not good targets early in their routes.  He also had a lot of statistical production when the game was late and out of reach and defenses started playing softer for clock control giving him easier route opportunities.

On one hand, its good that our offense can still make plays when our QB extends them, but to move the chains consistently and to keep Josh from always running for his life, our guys need to get open consistently early in their routes and give Josh good targets where they are supposed to be.  Of course, Josh also needs to be able to read the D correctly and know where to go with the ball, and I love that he knows exactly what he wants already from his receivers.  Thats a great sign in his ability to read and react to what the D is giving him.  

So this right here is both exciting and encouraging to see for both Zay and Josh.  Its awesome that Josh is at a place where he sees this and knows what he wants from his guys and communicate it.  And its great to see Zay understand it and go right out and execute that just how Josh wanted it.  Of course, its just OTA's and there is no real big pass rush coming now and our receivers aren't really having their routes challenged, but its still great to see this kind of communication and progress.  

This is the 2nd interview in a row where Zay has been saying some really good stuff that is both positive and encouraging.  The WR battle is going to be a real fun ride to watch and I do sincerely want to see Zay take a big step forward.  

• Like (+1) 5

41 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

Josh playing DB to work the route with Zay.... 

That is music to my ears. Allen is making the team his own and demanding more of himself and others in the process. To quote Jarvis Landry, “It’s contagious.”

There is no better sign I wanted to see from Allen coming into the new season. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I’m a big fan of Wallace and while this may be a biased take, I think he’s gonna be hard to unseat as the starter opposite Tre. He wants it too much. 

Yeah and sounds like Johnson has been having himself quite the OTA too.  I think our secondary is going to be deep and could be scary good this year.  

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

That is music to my ears. Allen is making the team his own and demanding more of himself and others in the process. To quote Jarvis Landry, “It’s contagious.”

There is no better sign I wanted to see from Allen coming into the new season. 

Yeah couldn't agree more.  This Zay interview was the most exciting thing I have seen all OTA so far.  For Allen to be at this point is huge and its also great to see Zay absorb it and go out and execute it better.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Meh...he has no defender, catch shouldn't have been that hard, he played the ball poorly.  Something he needs to improve at.  Glad he made the catch, but he needs to stop making catches so hard.  He is having a good day, but this play didn't excite me.

Now THIS is the kind of good stuff from Zay, and especially Josh, that both gets me excited and encouraged!

Its no secret, one of the biggest criticisms I had (and so did many others) of Zay last year was the inconsistent route running and not giving Josh good targets early in the route.  Too much of Zay's production, and even our whole offenses production, came from when Josh had to extend plays on the run because there were not good targets early in their routes.  He also had a lot of statistical production when the game was late and out of reach and defenses started playing softer for clock control giving him easier route opportunities.

On one hand, its good that our offense can still make plays when our QB extends them, but to move the chains consistently and to keep Josh from always running for his life, our guys need to get open consistently early in their routes and give Josh good targets where they are supposed to be.  Of course, Josh also needs to be able to read the D correctly and know where to go with the ball, and I love that he knows exactly what he wants already from his receivers.  Thats a great sign in his ability to read and react to what the D is giving him.  

So this right here is both exciting and encouraging to see for both Zay and Josh.  Its awesome that Josh is at a place where he sees this and knows what he wants from his guys and communicate it.  And its great to see Zay understand it and go right out and execute that just how Josh wanted it.  Of course, its just OTA's and there is no real big pass rush coming now and our receivers aren't really having their routes challenged, but its still great to see this kind of communication and progress.  

This is the 2nd interview in a row where Zay has been saying some really good stuff that is both positive and encouraging.  The WR battle is going to be a real fun ride to watch and I do sincerely want to see Zay take a big step forward.  

Are you calling it now? ?

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If Zay has a lights out year....you have to get this tattoo on you right quad.

Image result for zay jones

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Defender or not  

Practice or not  

to bend over backwards and catch the ball on the run was cool imo. 

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah and sounds like Johnson has been having himself quite the OTA too.  I think our secondary is going to be deep and could be scary good this year.  

Love our depth, too. Hoping Taron Johnson can stay healthy. 

Hoping all our Johnsons stay healthy. :ph34r:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1