OTA Phase 3 updates 5/28 - media will be present

All OTAs this week are still considered part of Phase Three of the NFL’s offseason workout program.  During Phase Three, teams may hold 7-on-7, 9-on-7, and 11-on-11 offense versus defense, but with no live contact. Individual player instruction and drills are allowed, but no 1-on-1 (for example, no offensive linemen vs. defensive linemen pass rush or pass protection drills; no wide receivers versus defensive backs bump-and-run drills). As opposed to Phases One and Two, players are allowed to wear helmets during Phase Three.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

All OTAs this week are still considered part of Phase Three of the NFL’s offseason workout program.  During Phase Three, teams may hold 7-on-7, 9-on-7, and 11-on-11 offense versus defense, but with no live contact. Individual player instruction and drills are allowed, but no 1-on-1 (for example, no offensive linemen vs. defensive linemen pass rush or pass protection drills; no wide receivers versus defensive backs bump-and-run drills). As opposed to Phases One and Two, players are allowed to wear helmets during Phase Three.

The last sentence indicates during this Phase 3 “players are allowed to wear helmets”; the accompanying picture above shows Matt Barkley wearing a helmet during last week’s Phase 2. Looks like we’re in for a fine from the league. Can anyone explain this?

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

The last sentence indicates during this Phase 3 “players are allowed to wear helmets”; the accompanying picture above shows Matt Barkley wearing a helmet during last week’s Phase 2. Looks like we’re in for a fine from the league. Can anyone explain this?

They were in phase 3 last week as well.

4 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Phase 3 started last week I believe 

30 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Lots I want to hear from Daboll

"Need to get better in all phases."

"Josh knows what he needs to do and is putting in the work."

"Excited to have new pieces in the offense."

"Frank Gore is a pro's pro."

"Can't talk about the players who aren't here but we hope to have them back by training camp."

"We'll build upon concepts introduced last year and fit the offense to our strengths."

That should just about cover it.  ;)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

wait, what was phase 2?

underpants-gnomes-business-plan.png

• Haha (+1) 8

5 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

LOL 

I see that.  I could have sworn that a lot of the camp pictures I saw guys were wearing helmets 

like this

D7ayGh_WsAEjI3w.jpg:large

and this 

D7NerjDXoAAHGSm.jpg:large

and this 

D7HsE2TXYAAfSx4.jpg:large

• Thank you (+1) 1

https://buffalonews.com/2019/04/01/buffalo-bills-offseason-program-ota/

The dates for the Buffalo Bills' offseason workouts were announced Monday by the league.

Bills players report April 15 with organized team activities May 20-21, May 23, May 28-29, May 31 and June 3-4 and 6-7.

The team's mandatory minicamp is scheduled for June 11-13.

According to the collective bargaining agreement, a voluntary nine-week program is conducted in three phases:

• Phase 1 is two weeks and is limited to strength and conditioning.
  • Phase 2 is three weeks and features on-field player instruction and drills but no live hitting or offense vs. defense drills.
  • Phase 3 is four weeks. No live contact is allowed but teams can do 7 on 7, 9 on 9 or 11 on 11 drills

21 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

LOL 

I see that.  I could have sworn that a lot of the camp pictures I saw guys were wearing helmets 

like this

and this

and this

But were any wearing helmets like this?

Kelso.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

The last sentence indicates during this Phase 3 “players are allowed to wear helmets”...

Does that extend to GMs and coaches?  I can think of one deserving individual in New Jersey who obviously is too smart for the rest of the NFL, and needs to make sure no errant hits to the head interrupt his plans for world domination.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

LOL 

like this

D7ayGh_WsAEjI3w.jpg:large

and this 

D7NerjDXoAAHGSm.jpg:large

and this 

D7HsE2TXYAAfSx4.jpg:large

Frank looks ominous there. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1