Stanley Cup Finals: Bruins Vs Blues

T&C

Although I despise St Louis, the best rational scenario I could possibly imagine  - the Bruins AND Cheatriots get humiliated!

Celtics already did.

(Lets leave my Celtics and Red Sox out of this thread  -  we’ll argue them another time.)

go blues, i guess

1 hour ago, I am the egg man said:

After the 2017 season R0R self-servingly announced and confirmed what the hockey world knew:

The Buffalo Sabres stunk and he made it clear he wanted out.

That's as low as a professional player can go to disrespect his teammates and those who pay him.

I could never cheer for a player like that.

So he was supposed to dedicate the rest of his career to a completely hopeless franchise?  Gut it out 82 games a year with the hope they might someday finish 13th in the conference?   Gimmie a break.

18 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

How about the complete lack of respect from an organization to waste players careers and fans hard earned money to throw away seasons for draft order?

And what does it say about the rest of his teammates that they are willing to just sit back and collect a paycheck and care more about that then actually winning.

I don't blame him for wanting out, no one should have wanted to stay in that mess where winning was not the goal. Glad to see him now on the verge of helping lead St Louis to the Cup.

Absolutely agree 100%.    Any player that would put up with loosing, especially when it's on purpose through the construction of the roster, is not someone I want on the team.   

ROR said what needed to be said and it's a shame he's being slagged for it...

19 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Although I despise St Louis, the best rational scenario I could possibly imagine  - the Bruins AND Cheatriots get humiliated!

Celtics already did.

(Lets leave my Celtics and Red Sox out of this thread  -  we’ll argue them another time.)

go blues, i guess

How does a team get humiliated playing in the Cup finals? If that was the case the Sabres would love to be humiliated and mocked. 

26 minutes ago, JohnC said:

How does a team get humiliated playing in the Cup finals? If that was the case the Sabres would love to be humiliated and mocked. 

Well OK, I over-reached there.  

As previously posted, and ridiculed for it, I do want the Bruins to win.   Doesn’t mean I like ‘em.  I hate ‘em. I’m a Sabres fan. Just means I hate St Louis more.

(BTW, the Sabres were already humiliated and mocked in 1975 and 1999, and have been humiliated and mocked ever since.)

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

After the 2017 season R0R self-servingly announced and confirmed what the hockey world knew:

The Buffalo Sabres stunk and he made it clear he wanted out.

That's as low as a professional player can go to disrespect his teammates and those who pay him.

I could never cheer for a player like that.

Plus he got drunk and ran over a Tim Horton's.  But they're playing Boston so I can easily root for him.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Absolutely agree 100%.    Any player that would put up with loosing, especially when it's on purpose through the construction of the roster, is not someone I want on the team.   

ROR said what needed to be said and it's a shame he's being slagged for it...

well, ROR was not here for the tank..so he construction of the roster was meant to win. Now you can argue the roster stunk, i tend to think the coach stunk... 

Having said that, i am fine with the trade. As i have mentioned 1000 times..go back in the Sabres archived thread and look at most peoples posts from October and November. Blues were fighting in practice, in DFL in the NHL and Sabres were tied for 1st overall, and we all were saying ROR kills a room and Sabres are way better off without him.

New coach comes in and voila'..

the argument prolly should be framed ROR for Housley...

• Like (+1) 1

I am rooting for ROR and St. Louis.  In retrospect he said what needed to be said, and the culture in the Buffalo "room" was clearly awful.  The "negative" on ROR is that he just wasn't the sort of person who could take charge and change things.  Not everyone can.

Oh, and he drunk drove into a Tim Horton's.  That wasn't cool.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

love when they fight each other!

NSFW sound, so make sure your muted or headphones if at office.

BTW, this is why it is much better to sell beer in cans !!

That's a $12 beer he threw. Further evidence of the stupidity of the people of Boston. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Too bad they couldn't have rolled down the stairs and off the edge of the balcony.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, eball said:

I am rooting for ROR and St. Louis.  In retrospect he said what needed to be said, and the culture in the Buffalo "room" was clearly awful.  The "negative" on ROR is that he just wasn't the sort of person who could take charge and change things.  Not everyone can.

Oh, and he drunk drove into a Tim Horton's.  That wasn't cool.

Whether he was a take charge kind of guy or not the problem with the Sabres was less about culture than it was insufficient talent. As you smartly noted he had his own insular personality that couldn't influence the rest of the group. I, like you, don't condemn him for honestly expressing his frustrations with the situation. That's why the GM has to be aggressive in adding talent to the roster so this team can better compete. In my view the contagion of negativity has to do with the constant losing brought about by a lack of talent and less to do with bad attitudes. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I personally want the blues and raptors to win their respective series, just because I’m bitter about fan bases who have had too much winning.

Do you root against Ohio State? :)

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

Do you root against Ohio State? :)

I am a Bullets fan at my core , but love the Warriors. They play they game the way us old folks were taught.. assist justvas valuable as a basket.  Defense is a team thing. 

Love em

57 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I am a Bullets fan at my core , but love the Warriors. They play they game the way us old folks were taught.. assist justvas valuable as a basket.  Defense is a team thing. 

Love em

The Warriors and the Spurs embody not only the old school way of playing basketball but the modern and analytical school of basketball of moving the ball around to get the right shot by the right people. What is impressive about the Warriors is that Curry, Thompson and Dramond adjusted their game to accommodate Durant, the new addition. That is a tribute to their coach and the players willingness to subdue their individual egos for the benefit of the team. 

You can contrast that ethos of the subordination of the individual player for the greater good to what happened with the Celtics. The Bean Town team collected a lot of talent but Irving ruined the mix with his selfish play. If Irving leaves for New Jersey it will be what you call addition by subtraction. 

12 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

HAHAHAHA....dumbasses