Stanley Cup Finals: Bruins Vs Blues

T&C

12 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

and officiating. Can’t forget that 

Turned it off after the Bruins tied it 2-2 following yet another tick-tack penalty call.  

NHL officiating is the next best thing to WWE.    Garage league, indeed...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big C said:

Now THAT was a Blues team that can compete. What an excellent overtime performance. Let's see if they can keep the momentum going at home.

Blues need to continue that type of smash mouth hockey! Bruins are feeling it.

12 hours ago, BigMcD said:

Blues need to continue that type of smash mouth hockey! Bruins are feeling it.

It was impresssive. These aren’t the Big Bad Bruins anymore and the only answer they have is to make STL pay for their aggressiveness. The first line needs a wake up call ASAP. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

You watch the Blues and Bruins play, and watching them makes you realize just how far the Sabres are from being even remotely competitive.

:(

Maybe when eichel is close to retirement they might be good, lol

10 minutes ago, BigMcD said:

Park was my favourite player growing up. Can’t stand the Bruins now. 

Never liked the Bruins - I will always remember them as a hated rival of the Sabres since I grew up in the Adams division days. I still remember listening to Rick J on the radio for game 7 in 1983 when Brad Park scores in OT.  ?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/30/2019 at 10:27 AM, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

You watch the Blues and Bruins play, and watching them makes you realize just how far the Sabres are from being even remotely competitive.

:(

Watching the playoffs the last couple years I realize you need two be able to play two different ways to accommodate the radical difference in officiating between season and playoffs. Since obstruction, slashing, headshots are allowed in playoff hockey you have to have the personnel ready to play that way. You need the semi goon type like Blaise, Perron, McNabb, Marchand, etc. You have to be willing to get them before they get you. And when you get them make sure you get out key guys. 

At the same time, and maybe a little less important, your team can't be full of hacks because you need to make the playoffs. This shouldn't be that hard if you have a one or two elite players, halfway decent goaltending and good coaching. 

I thought the last 15 years the NHL had fully transitioned to a speed/skill game. Apparently, the league regresses to the 70s/90s hybrid kinda clutch/grab/headhunting game. Sabres outta start thinking that way.

20 minutes ago, Dante said:

Watching the playoffs the last couple years I realize you need two be able to play two different ways to accommodate the radical difference in officiating between season and playoffs. Since obstruction, slashing, headshots are allowed in playoff hockey you have to have the personnel ready to play that way. You need the semi goon type like Blaise, Perron, McNabb, Marchand, etc. You have to be willing to get them before they get you. And when you get them make sure you get out key guys. 

At the same time, and maybe a little less important, your team can't be full of hacks because you need to make the playoffs. This shouldn't be that hard if you have a one or two elite players, halfway decent goaltending and good coaching. 

I thought the last 15 years the NHL had fully transitioned to a speed/skill game. Apparently, the league regresses to the 70s/90s hybrid kinda clutch/grab/headhunting game. Sabres outta start thinking that way.

Marchand needs to step up his goon level. 

Did you see the video of Perron skating by the Bruins bench telling them “now you’re *****” 

Bergeron not practicing today. Got murdered on face offs and his minutes have been limited.