One of the Greatest rock songs ever

1 hour ago, Mark80 said:

One of my first concerts candlebox at UB.  Like 93/94, around there sometime.  Opening acts were Our Lady Peace and then Sponge.  OLP and Sponge were so good that Candlebox basically got booed off the stage.  They were crying about the crowd and eventually walked off playing like 20 or 30 mins only.  It was a long time ago, my memory is probably fuzzy, but thats how I remember it.

The song is OK.  But best rock songs of all time?  Come on man, get a grip.

Maybe I'm getting my bands mixed up, but I thought it was Candlebox.  They bailed on a show in Buffalo and for years after WEDG refused to play any of their music.  It must have been the show you're talking about.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mark80 said:

One of my first concerts candlebox at UB.  Like 93/94, around there sometime.  Opening acts were Our Lady Peace and then Sponge.  OLP and Sponge were so good that Candlebox basically got booed off the stage.  They were crying about the crowd and eventually walked off playing like 20 or 30 mins only.  It was a long time ago, my memory is probably fuzzy, but thats how I remember it.

The song is OK.  But best rock songs of all time?  Come on man, get a grip.

59 minutes ago, shrader said:

Maybe I'm getting my bands mixed up, but I thought it was Candlebox.  They bailed on a show in Buffalo and for years after WEDG refused to play any of their music.  It must have been the show you're talking about.

That was the show I was referencing earlier.  (Really thought it'd been at Niagara, but UB could've been the spot.)  One of the Edge DJ's was watching the show from near where we were and he's the one that said the singer was pissy about the accoustics.  Which is why he wouldn't face the crowd, which caused the crowd to turn on them.

What else would one expect from a band signed to Madonna's Maverick label? ;)

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

That was the show I was referencing earlier.  (Really thought it'd been at Niagara, but UB could've been the spot.)  One of the Edge DJ's was watching the show from near where we were and he's the one that said the singer was pissy about the accoustics.  Which is why he wouldn't face the crowd, which caused the crowd to turn on them.

What else would one expect from a band signed to Madonna's Maverick label? ;)

Yeah, it was UB for sure.  Acoustic issues make sense though as the starting point of the demise of the show.  OLP and Sponge didn't seem to have any though, they absolutely killed their sets.

37 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Yeah, it was UB for sure.  Acoustic issues make sense though as the starting point of the demise of the show.  OLP and Sponge didn't seem to have any though, they absolutely killed their sets.

Actually, we were both wrong.  Show was at the Buff State Sports Complex in November '95.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

It's not even close...

No one can sing "White Christmas" or "Pistol Packing Mama" like Bing....he'd blow the doors off singing "Kashmir"

try to tell my age group that Michael Jordan and Magic and Larry are about as contemptible as Bob Cousy was when they played.

they don't listen....

55 minutes ago, row_33 said:

try to tell my age group that Michael Jordan and Magic and Larry are about as contemptible as Bob Cousy was when they played.

they don't listen....

Bob Cousy ! That prima donna S.O.B. ! Red Auerbach got players to be his bodyguard, he was such a dirtbag.

Cousy didnt do sh!T until Bill Russell showed up and carried Cousy's carcass to many league championships

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Actually, we were both wrong.  Show was at the Buff State Sports Complex in November '95.

Vegas just had to change the payout of millions there.

Stairway to Heaven..(Led Zeppelin )......Can't always get what you want..( Rolling Stones ).........Baba O'Riley.. ( The Who )........Fools Overture... ( Supertramp )......Turn the Page ..( Bob Seger).....Sultan of Swing..( Dire Straight ).....Who made Who ..( ACDC ).....Imagine ..( John Lennon )......Hallowed be thy name... ( Iron Maiden )....Aqualong ..( Jethro Tull )....Fade to Black...( Metallica ).......Time..( Pink Floyd ).....Proud Mary..( CCR ).....Free Bird ( Skynyrd )....Hotel California..( Eagles ).....Child in Time...( Deep Purple )....Ain't talking about love ..( Van Halen ).....Heroes..( David Bowie )....War Pigs..( Black Sabbath )....Dust in the wind..( Kansas )......................There's a lot of stuff I would put ahead of those Candlebox tunes.....but that's the beauty of music tastes........it's so individualistic.....no one is wrong.....

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/28/2019 at 2:16 PM, I am the egg man said:

#1 & #2 ....if only Marsha would have shown a little more:

I am not sure why you posted this.  Sarcasm?  When this song was originally out I absolutely hated it.   However, I have come to recognize that Judith Durham has one of the finest voices ever, so when I hear the song now, I concentrate on just her voice.    Many times I have gone to Utube to listen to the Seekers and end up listening to several of their songs multiple times. 

This in part raises a Utube practice which is both good and bad.   There is a Utube poster that takes Seeker videos and replaces the live performance audio with the original record.   The sometimes bad part of this is I really enjoy her live performances.   She has perfect pitch and it was already extremely hard to tell if it was live or not.  You had to listen to other things in the recording to figure it out.   There are a lot of groups where I am sure the fans of that group like to hear the differences between live and recorded.

2 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

Stairway to Heaven..(Led Zeppelin )......Can't always get what you want..( Rolling Stones ).........Baba O'Riley.. ( The Who )........Fools Overture... ( Supertramp )......Turn the Page ..( Bob Seger).....Sultan of Swing..( Dire Straight ).....Who made Who ..( ACDC ).....Imagine ..( John Lennon )......Hallowed be thy name... ( Iron Maiden )....Aqualong ..( Jethro Tull )....Fade to Black...( Metallica ).......Time..( Pink Floyd ).....Proud Mary..( CCR ).....Free Bird ( Skynyrd )....Hotel California..( Eagles ).....Child in Time...( Deep Purple )....Ain't talking about love ..( Van Halen ).....Heroes..( David Bowie )....War Pigs..( Black Sabbath )....Dust in the wind..( Kansas )......................There's a lot of stuff I would put ahead of those Candlebox tunes.....but that's the beauty of music tastes........it's so individualistic.....no one is wrong.....

Yep.....it's just like food. Different strokes for different folks.

On 5/27/2019 at 5:25 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

To each their own,  but I'd put this song somewhere around 627,382 in my play list.

Fixed.

On 5/28/2019 at 10:28 AM, I am the egg man said:

It's not even close...

No one can sing "White Christmas" or "Pistol Packing Mama" like Bing....he'd blow the doors off singing "Kashmir"

45 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

I submit "Caught Up In You" by 38 Special.

Fight me, nerds

Excellent choice.