One of the Greatest rock songs ever

4 hours ago, Greybeard said:

I am not sure why you posted this.  Sarcasm?  When this song was originally out I absolutely hated it.   However, I have come to recognize that Judith Durham has one of the finest voices ever, so when I hear the song now, I concentrate on just her voice.    Many times I have gone to Utube to listen to the Seekers and end up listening to several of their songs multiple times. 

This in part raises a Utube practice which is both good and bad.   There is a Utube poster that takes Seeker videos and replaces the live performance audio with the original record.   The sometimes bad part of this is I really enjoy her live performances.   She has perfect pitch and it was already extremely hard to tell if it was live or not.  You had to listen to other things in the recording to figure it out.   There are a lot of groups where I am sure the fans of that group like to hear the differences between live and recorded.

Maybe we are the same person.  Georgie Girl was a hit that I remember from the Seekers.  It turns out they have several songs and several covers that are worth listening to, in my humble opinion. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I was at the show Sponge and OLP were great. Candlebox lead singer was a real douche. 

FYI Candlebox is like the 5th best (maybe) grunge band. I could name 20 grunge songs that are better. BTW You was their best song and it's not even close! 

On 5/27/2019 at 5:34 PM, Gugny said:

Great song (although "You" is a much better song from the same album).  But saying it's one of the greatest rock songs ever is like saying Derek Jeter is one of the greatest baseball players, ever.

He was great.  Everyone loved him.  But he wasn't even in the same universe as the true greats.

You’re showing your hate. He’s not only definitely in the same universe, it’s a very small cluster of stars.

ROY, 14x All Star, AS MVP, WS MVP, 5x Gold Glove, 3600+ hits. His list of accomplishments is indeed noteworthy. You need only stretch your vision to the other side of town to see Who’s Who in Baseball annuls. You won’t find any from the metropolitans..

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/j/jeterde01.shtml

Chose a better reference for lame album comparisons.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

You’re showing your hate. He’s not only definitely in the same universe, it’s a very small cluster of stars.

ROY, 14x All Star, AS MVP, WS MVP, 5x Gold Glove, 3600+ hits. His list of accomplishments is indeed noteworthy. You need only stretch your vision to the other side of town to see Who’s Who in Baseball annuls. You won’t find any from the metropolitans..

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/j/jeterde01.shtml

Chose a better reference for lame album comparisons.

I'm not sure who told you it was a good idea to bring facts and statistics into any conversation on this board, but you should find better friends.

I just looked at his stats.  You are 100% correct and I am 100% wrong.  Jeter definitely belongs in the conversation of all-time greats.

Next time, please embarrass me via PM, thanks.  :D

• Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I grew up loving the Mets AND the Yankees - I just loved the Mets more.  When they signed Alex Rodriguez, it disgusted me.  I swore I'd never root for them as long as he was on the team.  So I didn't.  When he finally withered away, I was ready to start rooting for them again.  It took me some time, but I really grew to like the team in 2017.

Then, they inexplicably got rid of Girardi.  That pissed me off.  Then ... the even more inexplicably hired Aaron ***** Boone.

These are not Mr. Steinbrenner's Yankees.   These are Mr. Steinbrenner's a-hole sons' Yankees.  I just cannot embrace them.

But Oliver's stance is a bit harsh.  He's probably just trolling.  Funny dude.