One of the Greatest rock songs ever

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

First the pizza crust thing I can accept, now this crazy talk.

Oh boy, here we go... Gugnyeyed defitionn of "Great" with an added twist of "True Great."   Do you cry yourself to sleep every night knowing that Jeter is one of the greats of the game?  Now you have to add a qualifier: "He's not a TRUE great." That gets you to sleep I suppose, right? /

Jeter is not one of the all time greats.  I'll sleep perfectly well KNOWING that.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Jeter is not one of the all time greats.  I'll sleep perfectly well KNOWING that.

He's definitely not in the same league as someone like Ruth, Mayes, Mantle, Gehrig, Aaron, Williams, etc...  I do have man fine memories of him though. 

The 2000 Subway World Series stands out where he hit .409 and won the MVP comes to mind as they completed the three peat.

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

He's definitely not in the same league as someone like Ruth, Mayes, Mantle, Gehrig, Aaron, Williams, etc...  I do have man fine memories of him though. 

The 2000 Subway World Series stands out where he hit .409 and won the MVP comes to mind as they completed the three peat.

Was that really necessary????  :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Far Behind by Candlebox. What a great song! This is one of the best rock songs of all time. 

I figured you as sometime older. Far Behind was released in 1993. Most of us fogeys consider the Classic Rock era to run from the 60's and 70's. As for the song, it's okay for a one-hit wonder.

15 hours ago, Gugny said:

Great song (although "You" is a much better song from the same album).  But saying it's one of the greatest rock songs ever is like saying Derek Jeter is one of the greatest baseball players, ever.

He was great.  Everyone loved him.  But he wasn't even in the same universe as the true greats.

According to I-Tunes download popularity “you” is second to far behind.  Both good songs but the masses speak.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Far Behind by Candlebox. What a great song! This is one of the best rock songs of all time. 

One of my first concerts candlebox at UB.  Like 93/94, around there sometime.  Opening acts were Our Lady Peace and then Sponge.  OLP and Sponge were so good that Candlebox basically got booed off the stage.  They were crying about the crowd and eventually walked off playing like 20 or 30 mins only.  It was a long time ago, my memory is probably fuzzy, but thats how I remember it.

The song is OK.  But best rock songs of all time?  Come on man, get a grip.

14 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

One of my first concerts candlebox at UB.  Like 93/94, around there sometime.  Opening acts were Our Lady Peace and then Sponge.  OLP and Sponge were so good that Candlebox basically got booed off the stage.  They were crying about the crowd and eventually walked off playing like 20 or 30 mins only.  It was a long time ago, my memory is probably fuzzy, but thats how I remember it.

The song is OK.  But best rock songs of all time?  Come on man, get a grip.

I saw them with Sponge at SUNY Plattsburgh back then.  Candlebox killed it and there was a decent crowd.  The singer did stop the show early on to ask people not to body surf because he knew someone that became paralyzed after falling awkwardly whilst body surfing.

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

i hope we don't look to today's kids like the oldsters in the late 1970s telling us Bing Crosby was better than Led Zeppelin..... :(

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i hope we don't look to today's kids like the oldsters in the late 1970s telling us Bing Crosby was better than Led Zeppelin..... :(

It's not even close...

No one can sing "White Christmas" or "Pistol Packing Mama" like Bing....he'd blow the doors off singing "Kashmir"

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

Here we go!  Bucckle up, take your DRAMAmine.  Gugny just:

oWUuoMf.gif

You just said he was a "great"... Just NOT a "true" great.  Guess what Sparky, a "great" is an "all-time" great.

Don't suck me into your turbo vortex!  LoL...

15 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

It's not even close...

No one can sing "White Christmas" or "Pistol Packing Mama" like Bing....he'd blow the doors off singing "Kashmir"

the song the OP mentioned isn't worthy of a second listen for this old fart....  have to continue to search out the best GD Candyman today to floss my mind, 2/24/74 is on top at the moment... hard to unseat my personal best from 1971 to 1975....

but the cockles of my heart are warmed by music still being released that the youngsters can enjoy.

Edited by row_33