First Day of Summer! I hate the Freaking Summer!

plenzmd1

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

get kicked out of my neighborhood you don't water and keep your grass green, which means ya still cutting your grass everyweek no matter how hot!

LoL... 

The Chem Lawn guy gave me a lecture and slip of paper when he did the last application.

It said: "It takes teamwork!  Tips on watering, yada yada yada."

I sent a paper check back with the sheet saying:

"Thanx for the advice, I don't need any advice.  ~Signed, @Chef Jim"

LMAO... No honestly... I wrote back:

THANKS!  You pay the water bill.  Our lawn will be fine... Drought makes you stronger.  I don't expect miracles... I am NOT one of those unreasonable customers.  Keep up good work."

Anyway... I am in an average working class neighborhood... Grass is just a weed.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

LoL... 

The Chem Lawn guy gave me a lecture and slip of paper when he did the last application.

It said: "It takes teamwork!  Tips on watering, yada yada yada."

I sent a paper check back with the sheet saying:

"Thanx for the advice, I don't need any advice.  ~Signed, @Chef Jim"

LMAO... No honestly... I wrote back:

THANKS!  You pay the water bill.  Our laen will be fine... Drought makes you stronger.  I don't expect miracles... I am NOT one of those unreasonable customers.  Keep up good work."

Anyway... I am in an average working class neighborhood... Grass is just a weed.

need to get rid of chem lawn  brother...find a local dude who understands the Ill soil and climate..i am dead serious!

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

need to get rid of chem lawn  brother...find a local dude who understands the Ill soil and climate..i am dead serious!

I know... This is what my wife says.  I am hooked though... Really not a bunch of chemicals... Just fertilizer applications like 4 times a year (I can never be regular).  Like 30 bucks a pop.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

6 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

i sweat plenty at Hot Yoga...where is @DC Tom when i need him..you my friend are an idiot!( cause i used Toms name can i get away with that??)

Thank goodness, means football season is almost here!

BTW, 94 here again today..but it is 8PM and almost dark so we are making progress!!!

Yes, you’re good. 

Always reference @DC Tom and you call any deserving poster an idiot. It’s in the bible..

• Haha (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/27/2019 at 5:20 PM, plenzmd1 said:

okay, starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel..73 as a high yesterday...90's coming back, but to see the first winter forecast makes me happy

okay, so i was an idiot!!!

90 freaking 9 today!!!! Opening day of the NHL and i have to watch inside cause its too damn hot!!!!

5 minutes ago, LewPort71 said:

90* here in drought stricken S. WV.

I have not mowed the lawn since Aug 15

I've done it twice in that time .... half the yard needs it, the other half is summer brown 

I went away for 5  days so I figured, I might as well  

then I didn't have to worry when I got home