First Day of Summer! I hate the Freaking Summer!

plenzmd1

10 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

With your practice, do you find you sit more or walk between offices more? I love my stand-up desk to change things up. I work from home so there's no "office walks" I can take........unless you call me going to the bathroom a "walk." I know @plenzmd1 considers that a tax write-off......

Back to the original topic. I live in Cincy so the summers can be really, really humid around here. Not Atlanta-hot or DC hot, but still brutal. I honestly prefer winter; no bugs, lower energy bills (I keep it cold), no sweating just by going outside, no sunscreen. Now, my winters here are WAY easier than Buffalo and much shorter. Hell, I've played golf two days after Xmas. 

i'm up and down a ton here.  i run 3 hygienists at once, i'm up at least 3-4 times every hour checking someone.  our lab is down stairs, so i'm constantly down there as well.  our new office is on one floor, but it will be about 2500 sq ft bigger, so the walking around continues.  i make myself work out 3-4 times a week just to keep up.  i have to.

the winters here are annoying. the january to late march run have been especially bad for the last two years.  i don't mind going out in the cold, but when it's dark and windy, it's a total waste of time.  last year we had snow on the ground until late april for god's sake.  it's too much.

31 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Now I'm not telling you what to do...I mean you're a grown man.  But...if you intake the ibuprofen rectally....it works better and faster.

i'll put 800mg of anything in my rectum if it will make my back feel better.

21 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I take about 4 k mg a day.

jeez sky...that's a lot.  how does your gut feel.  i'll probably take 2400-3200 by the end of the day, but that should hopefully only be for a few days.

On 5/27/2019 at 9:32 AM, plenzmd1 said:

Damn, the pollen thread reminded me of how much I hate freaking summer! Last 3 days in the '90s, next 4 days after today all 95+ with humidity...and we got 3 more months of this crap!

No freaking sports to watch, reminded every day how fat I am as no sweaters or hoodies to hide behind, watering plants EVERY FREAKING DAY so they don't die, water bills through the yazoo for the lawn....,,, there is just absolutely zero, and I do mean zero, that is redeeming about a Mid Atlantic summer(well, except hot sweaty girls with clingy shirts on the metro). By far the worst 3 months on the calendar just.... get me to freaking September already..Even August and pre season football gives me hope. June and July...urghhhhhhhh

You should move to WNY.  It is only 54 degrees here today.  The average high is supposed to be in the 70's by now.  This weather f*cking blows.  

10 minutes ago, teef said:

jeez sky...that's a lot.  how does your gut feel.  i'll probably take 2400-3200 by the end of the day, but that should hopefully only be for a few days.

My bride leaves me two peanut butter sandwiches before she leaves for work in the morning.I need to get the metal out of my back..but I'm stubborn.I'm in bed right now..been here since Saturday at.9 ish.

Trust me teef...I feel your pain.I've seen so many doctors...no help.

P.S.-try those electro pads of your pain continues.40 bucks at wegmans.

17 minutes ago, Gordio said:

You should move to WNY.  It is only 54 degrees here today.  The average high is supposed to be in the 70's by now.  This weather f*cking blows.  

You'll be smelling the bbq from CP this weekend.

16 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

My bride leaves me two peanut butter sandwiches before she leaves for work in the morning.I need to get the metal out of my back..but I'm stubborn.I'm in bed right now..been here since Saturday at.9 ish.

I love that smell.  

some people love summer and some people hate it. 

but what everybody loves is the second week of deer camp.  All the guys are here.  we drink play cards and shoot the bull, but never shoot no deer.  the only time we leave the camp is when we go for beer.

the second week of deer camp, is the greatest time of year

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/3/2019 at 2:36 PM, Seasons1992 said:

With your practice, do you find you sit more or walk between offices more? I love my stand-up desk to change things up. I work from home so there's no "office walks" I can take........unless you call me going to the bathroom a "walk." I know @plenzmd1 considers that a tax write-off......

Back to the original topic. I live in Cincy so the summers can be really, really humid around here. Not Atlanta-hot or DC hot, but still brutal. I honestly prefer winter; no bugs, lower energy bills (I keep it cold), no sweating just by going outside, no sunscreen. Now, my winters here are WAY easier than Buffalo and much shorter. Hell, I've played golf two days after Xmas. 

My last year there I lived on Morton in Hyde Park. No AC, and the windows were painted shut through the whole house. I thought I would die from that.....  

On a related note, when I applied for Clear at the Atlanta airport a year or so ago they asked several easy questions, then which address did you previously live at. I expected easy, but even I barely remembered the 12 month I spent in that rental house during college. I’m not even sure if I was on the lease, and I still had a NY drivers license! Freaky Big Brother stuff there! 

I feel like I waste many good summer days by being “responsible” and doing “constructive” activities.  Usually on a gorgeous day I’ll be doing yard work, painting things, washing my car, etc.  I’ll go to work and people played golf, or rode their bikes, or went to a fair/festival, or went on a boat, etc.  I do those things maybe two or three times all summer.  Am I that boring? I think I am.

8 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

I feel like I waste many good summer days by being “responsible” and doing “constructive” activities.  Usually on a gorgeous day I’ll be doing yard work, painting things, washing my car, etc.  I’ll go to work and people played golf, or rode their bikes, or went to a fair/festival, or went on a boat, etc.  I do those things maybe two or three times all summer.  Am I that boring? I think I am.

It starts with awareness. You are there!  Save that crap for nasty times, or pay someone to do it. Somethings can remain un-done! (News to shock my wife.) Still, I’m sure there is great satisfaction in knowing what you accomplished. I always relished that....often with a cold beer after yard work. We all enjoy life differently! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/27/2019 at 9:32 AM, plenzmd1 said:

Damn, the pollen thread reminded me of how much I hate freaking summer! Last 3 days in the '90s, next 4 days after today all 95+ with humidity...and we got 3 more months of this crap!

No freaking sports to watch, reminded every day how fat I am as no sweaters or hoodies to hide behind, watering plants EVERY FREAKING DAY so they don't die, water bills through the yazoo for the lawn....,,, there is just absolutely zero, and I do mean zero, that is redeeming about a Mid Atlantic summer(well, except hot sweaty girls with clingy shirts on the metro). By far the worst 3 months on the calendar just.... get me to freaking September already..Even August and pre season football gives me hope. June and July...urghhhhhhhh

There is lots to do in the summer. I spend my summer at amusement parks and my trailer. Summer is the best time of year unless you're one of those strange ones that love winter. 

On 6/3/2019 at 3:52 PM, Misterbluesky said:

Just wanted to see how your back is feeling. 

You're all a bunch of squares.

I ***** love summer. Me and the gang head to the pool and it's the best!

There's a lifeguard there named Wendy. She's a real woman. She's a babe. Every summer there she is, oiling and lotioning... lotioning and oiling....smiling.

I can't take it anymore!

I got a plan. Gonna lay one on her. Been planning it for years.

Wendy's gonna be mine.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

90 degrees in SF today....people acting like the world is ending.

Spoiled:

"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."

(And, no, it wasn't Mark Twain... Not sure who's quote that was)

71° here... Haven't had the AC on in 10 months.  Doesn't look like that trend will break anytime soon...

On 6/9/2019 at 3:56 PM, teef said:

Just wanted to see how your back is feeling. 

Same old song and dance for me..got outside on Sunday evening..hope you are doing better and had some outdoor fun with the kids over the weekend.

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

90 degrees in SF today....people acting like the world is ending.

Smart people..global warming.

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

There's a lifeguard there named Wendy. She's a real woman. She's a babe. Every summer there she is, oiling and lotioning... lotioning and oiling....smiling.

I can't take it anymore!

Wendy's gonna be mine.

Or she might have you arrested....

Edited by Misterbluesky
Took me a few minutes to get the Sandlot insider...good one.

6 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I can't take it anymore!

Wendy's gonna be mine.