First Day of Summer! I hate the Freaking Summer!

plenzmd1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Winter has extended into what is now a 5 month season.  Now THAT sucks.  I'll take hot over cold any day.

Complete opposite here, I'll take the cold. You can always put on another layer but with the heat you can only take so much off before being arrested.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Did you forget about the sky high electric bills for the humming AC, OP? Not to pile on or anything...:doh:

My forecast in Florida, and yeah the AC is just humming away... mostly hate the hurricanes that bang around here though, hope we get a break this year.

lg_whats_ahead.jpg

The issue in Florida has never been the temperature.

Many places have higher temperatures.

It is the dew point, which is a measure of moisture in the air, and it is extremely high during the late spring and summer months.

Dew points above 63 get uncomfortable, and Florida's dew points are outrageously high. 

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, T&C said:

My forecast in Florida, and yeah the AC is just humming away... mostly hate the hurricanes that bang around here though, hope we get a break this year.

lg_whats_ahead.jpg

That is brutal.  But still better than subzero temps, IMO.  Full disclosure .... my dog will be 11-years-old in a month and a half.  So, for over 10 years, I've had to walk her 2-3 times/day on a daily basis.  The rip-your-face-off windchills have taken their toll on me.  Once I no longer NEED to go out into that crap, my stance will likely not be so hard.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, sherpa said:

It is the dew point, which is a measure of moisture in the air, and it is extremely high during the late spring and summer months.

Dew points above 63 get uncomfortable, and Florida's dew points are outrageously high. 

Trust me, I know all about it... she gets tired of me harping on the freaking dew point lol. Still, 95 right now is one hot mofo, grilling can wait a couple of hours.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

That is brutal.  But still better than subzero temps, IMO.  Full disclosure .... my dog will be 11-years-old in a month and a half.  So, for over 10 years, I've had to walk her 2-3 times/day on a daily basis.  The rip-your-face-off windchills have taken their toll on me.  Once I no longer NEED to go out into that crap, my stance will likely not be so hard.

I don't mind the winter temps in WNY for the most part, upper teen and low 20's are fine with me. If you're talking say Green Bay kind of cold no, no way... they can have it.

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

First day of the summer season 

June 21st is the first day of summer 

youll love next week being in the 90s 

In the 90s?  Is it going to have zubaz, mullets, flannels, and the color teal?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

We moved from Sarasota, FL to Atlanta. It was immediately clear the first summer the temps here are higher (often topping 100), but you don’t need gills to breathe. In Sarasota I was in a nighttime doubles tennis league. On warm, humid summer nights it was an unwritten rule that you never put a ball in your pocket. You were soaking wet like you had just climbed out of a pool. Even so, the balls would be wet enough that you could see spray spin off of it at times. It was crazy

Still, I LOVED it! I’d have a couple beers at the bar, then go home and fall in our pool. I’d lay on the float and watch the clouds go by the moon, roll off into the water, and repeat. Then you go into the AC for the night. Those were great times. But I’m sure it’s not for everyone. Trying to get from the car into the office without sweating thru a suit was tricky at times......

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Come to wonderful New Hampshire where summer lasts about 6 weeks and evening temps in July can still drop to the 40s

Seriously my wife is having a bad pollen reaction too. She looks like one of those mutant, bug-eyed koi pond fish.

Two seasons: Winter & August.

6 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Damn, the pollen thread reminded me of how much I hate freaking summer! Last 3 days in the '90s, next 4 days after today all 95+ with humidity...and we got 3 more months of this crap!

No freaking sports to watch, reminded every day how fat I am as no sweaters or hoodies to hide behind, watering plants EVERY FREAKING DAY so they don't die, water bills through the yazoo for the lawn....,,, there is just absolutely zero, and I do mean zero, that is redeeming about a Mid Atlantic summer(well, except hot sweaty girls with clingy shirts on the metro). By far the worst 3 months on the calendar just.... get me to freaking September already..Even August and pre season football gives me hope. June and July...urghhhhhhhh

RELAX! Look at the bright side, finally you can wear those shorts you like to wear in the winter without people wondering if you bumped your head.......or were you born that way? 

3 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

‘Sucks’ or ‘soaks’?  ?

BOTH!!! 

My wife hates heat, I hate a full winter of cold (ski trips are great, as long as I don’t have to ski anymore. ?)

She went to Newport Beach for work a few weeks ago. She keeps bringing that up as a landing spot. Good thing it’s so cheap.....always something. Too many digits in house prices there. I’ve looked. 

Weather is super important to me, I’ve learned. 

Edited by Augie

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

RELAX! Look at the bright side, finally you can wear those shorts you like to wear in the winter without people wondering if you bumped your head.......or were you born that way? 

Never fails when that first ‘whammer’ of a lake effect snow dump hits, you’re bound to see the rube at the gas station in sneakers, shorts, and team sweatshirt filling up at the pumps.  Often with 18” of snow on the car roof.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Department of Redundancy Department...

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Never fails when that first ‘whammer’ of a lake effect snow dump hits, you’re bound to see the rube at the gas station in sneakers, shorts, and team sweatshirt filling up at the gas station.  Often with 18” of snow on the car roof.

We always knew who the Canadians were in Hilton Head in the winter. They’re the ones in the water at the beach. Heck, I don’t want to go in the water in New England in JULY! 

Agreed regarding hardy ocean swimmers, but ‘gas station guy’ I usually see on the television news is at the Sunoco at Dingens and Rossler.  “Hey, Babcia, throw Stanley out the window his boots!”

The Canadians are also the ones you see flying into BNIA (KBUF) in late February still dressed in their cabana wear from the cruise.  

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013