First Day of Summer! I hate the Freaking Summer!

plenzmd1

Damn, the pollen thread reminded me of how much I hate freaking summer! Last 3 days in the '90s, next 4 days after today all 95+ with humidity...and we got 3 more months of this crap!

No freaking sports to watch, reminded every day how fat I am as no sweaters or hoodies to hide behind, watering plants EVERY FREAKING DAY so they don't die, water bills through the yazoo for the lawn....,,, there is just absolutely zero, and I do mean zero, that is redeeming about a Mid Atlantic summer(well, except hot sweaty girls with clingy shirts on the metro). By far the worst 3 months on the calendar just.... get me to freaking September already..Even August and pre season football gives me hope. June and July...urghhhhhhhh

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I hear people complain about the cold. Then summer hits and they say it is too hot...they say they love the fall!

never hear me bitchin bout the cold...means football season! 

5 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Did you forget about the sky high electric bills for the humming AC, OP? Not to pile on or anything...:doh:

you are dead on the money..another reason to hate summer!!!!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

never hear me bitchin bout the cold...means football season! 

you are dead on the money..another reason to hate summer!!!!

I live in Chicago now...it is going to be even more humid here! less snow in winter but colder too!

Edited by Rocket94

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Damn, the pollen thread reminded me of how much I hate freaking summer! Last 3 days in the '90s, next 4 days after today all 95+ with humidity...and we got 3 more months of this crap!

No freaking sports to watch, reminded every day how fat I am as no sweaters or hoodies to hide behind, watering plants EVERY FREAKING DAY so they don't die, water bills through the yazoo for the lawn....,,, there is just absolutely zero, and I do mean zero, that is redeeming about a Mid Atlantic summer(well, except hot sweaty girls with clingy shirts on the metro). By far the worst 3 months on the calendar just.... get me to freaking September already..Even August and pre season football gives me hope. June and July...urghhhhhhhh

boo ***** hoo 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

A lot of people like to flock to Florida and other southern states when it gets cold. Not me...the humidity sucks! Those southern teams must suffer some early in the season.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP ?????☂️️??☀️☀️☀️☀️?☀️☀️☀️☀️?

• Like (+1) 2

I tend to believe the grass is always greener.  I also live in the mid-Atlantic, a little south of DC.  In the winter, I always tell my wife “if I complain about the heat this summer, remind me of today.”  In the summer, I say “if I complain about the cold, remind me of today.”  

Basically, I think everyone in the mid-Atlantic love Fall and Spring.  We are just warm enough of a climate that 30 degrees sucks, and we are far enough south that 90 degree days with high humidity dominate the weather from late May to early September.  We have such huge extremes.  

At this point, I think I’d prefer living somewhere where the weather doesn’t fluctuate as much, regardless of temperature.  Like Florida.  Is it hot, I guess (I truly believe June-August is hotter in VA), but it is nice not knowing what 30 degrees feels like (southern Florida especially).  

San Diego I think has little fluctuation if you can afford to live there and don’t mind wild fires and 10:00 Bills games Sunday mornings (perhaps the main reason I won’t move West).

CFL starts in June.  I feel your pain about watering.  Only do the flowers, the grass is on its own!

3 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Every time you use an emoticon symbol, meadcoin value drops...??

Meadcoins never go down in value. Buy $1,000,000 and 10 years from now you will still be able to get your million back guaranteed ???????

Never goes down. ??????????

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Winter has extended into what is now a 5 month season.  Now THAT sucks.  I'll take hot over cold any day.

• Like (+1) 2

I absolutely LOVE summer! What sucks is I don’t have a pool anymore. That needs to be fixed. Even the wife, who thought she was over pools, is down with the idea. Not enough room here, so I’m house shopping! YAY! 

Winter blows here. I’d rather have 5 degrees and snow than 40 and rain every day. Now THAT sucks! 

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Come to wonderful New Hampshire where summer lasts about 6 weeks and evening temps in July can still drop to the 40s

Seriously my wife is having a bad pollen reaction too. She looks like one of those mutant, bug-eyed koi pond fish.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1