How's the pollen where you live this year?

5 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I have allergies, and normally I'm good with a Zyrtec every day. But I've had to use a nebulizer three times so far this season, which is unheard of for me.

Seems like someone's being a bit of a baby/drama queen. 

12 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

When you're unable to breathe, albuterol helps.

i was prescribed it and used it according to the daily doses, the second night i woke up and got up and fell into a dizzying blindness because that stuff is really powerful and isn't good if you really really don't need it

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

I usually have tree, grass and ragweed problems.

This February i broke my ankle so the pain and hassles from that kind of made me forget the tree pollen stuff. Many people in Toronto who don't suffer from tree pollen were complaining a lot.

Now on to grass season, then ragweed season

I used to take the 12 shots for tree and grass but found that didn't prove to be worth it, the 4 shots for ragweed I'm 50/50 on whether it is effective and worth it for me.

Are you advising Plezmd1 to break his ankle to get some relief from his allergies? :ph34r:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=movie+scene+with+breaking+ankle+&view=detail&mid=9C5E77B4328F22AC19B69C5E77B4328F22AC19B6&FORM=VIRE

12 minutes ago, JohnC said:

breaking it (with weight-bearing capacity) was just fine compared to the horrible high sprain i threw in as well

the fracture was good to go after 6 weeks in an air cast, the sprain is still painful on stairs, daily exercises and weekly physio force me to have to crack it to get motion and extend the range back to near normal...

what was your question??

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

I've had to use my windshield wipers to get it off of the windshield lately.  Some days, it's actually hazy due to all of the pollen in the air.

‘They’ discovered that the public has been widely informed about the ‘chemtrail conspiracy’.  ‘Pollen’... hah!  That’s a good one!

10 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

It's not for the nose. It's for asthma.

I remember the old commercial “when you can’t breathe, nothing else matters”. I have a buddy with terrible athsma and allergies. He was staying with me during pollen season (waiting to close on a house), and he had to go to the doctor and a walk-in clinic after hours. It has HORRIBLE! He was sleeping 11 hours at night, then took 4 hour naps. Constantly groggy. His lungs were full of yuck and he didn’t have enough oxygen in his system. Frightening! Even his puffer didn’t help. 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, mead107 said:

My truck is coated.  

We had the house, decks, retaining walls, etc pressure washed! Too soon, of course. Now my wife wants it done again. I have no idea why, but I may just get it done so she doesn’t ask me daily. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Not a problem at all.  I am a genetically superior individual.  I don't have allergies.  What's a little pollen?

Time euthanize @Joe in Winslow. Put him out of his misery.

?

Okay... I have to clarify something here.  I went out on a uncharacteristic limb here 

I take it back, even though I don't have allergies and if I didn't... I simply power thru them.

I take it back because God has thrown wind and hail my!  

All is good, no damage... I learned my lesson.

Can we still euthanize @Joe in Winslow and that damn @Gugny pizza thread?

On 5/27/2019 at 7:25 AM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Never saw the yellow pollen blankets in Pa growing up, like what appears down here in the South annually and covers everything daily in the Spring no matter how often you clean it off. Not coincidentally, experienced allergies for the first time after moving here, just one of those things to get used to. I think there’s something to the notion of eating local honey though, to help acclimatize your system—local farmers’ markets are a great source for that, fwiw. 

I have recently lived in the Raleigh and Charlotte areas of North Carolina. In March or April, you may find your car covered in a layer of yellow pine pollen.

A friend who has a lot of pine trees told me that this yellow pollen will turn into black mold if it is not taken care of.

Southern Arizona is much better place as far as allergies are concerned.

• Like (+1) 1

I've been here in the Raleigh area for 5 years now and this year was by far the worst one we had for pollen.  I remember one day in particular where a specific section of my morning drive, it looked like I was driving through cartoon nuclear fallout.  I'm fortunate that I don't have any allergy issues, but it's so bad here that it has introduced a new problem: getting pollen under my contact lenses.  That right there is brutal.

We're past that season now though, thank god.