Article says "Ravens QB Jackson didn't know about new offense for 2019 season

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Because some media fawn over Jackson while calling Josh Allen a bust.

Exactly. I got laughed at when I said he wasn't a NFL QB last season. He isn't any good. He is like TT (oh boy, did I just awake the cult of Tyrod) He is a RB that can throw a ball.  Ravens made a huge mistake.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Exactly. I got laughed at when I said he wasn't a NFL QB last season. He isn't any good. He is like TT (oh boy, did I just awake the cult of Tyrod) He is a RB that can throw a ball.  Ravens made a huge mistake.

LaCanfora was tweeting yesterday about how "smart" the Ravens were for adjusting their offense to Jackson's skill set. I read that as Jackson is incomplete as a QB and the Ravens are going to try and mask those shortcomings.

• Like (+1) 1

You know what's crazy?

Out of the five 1st round rookies QBs of the highly celebrated 2018 QB class, Josh Allen is the one undergoing the LEAST change and is arguably the BEST set up for growth and success. A case could be made for Mayfield, but even he has a new head coach (even if said coach was already his OC last year). But the rest? Rosen is on a new team AND his third offensive coordinator. Darnold has a new head coach and new offensive coordinator, not to mention a bunch of organizational dysfunction. Jackson has a new offensive coordinator and apparently didn't even know it.

It's refreshing to see a Bills rookie QB be out in front in terms of continuity and structure around him. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Because some media fawn over Jackson while calling Josh Allen a bust.

This is exactly right. I think it's funny. I just still can't wrap my head around how he didn't know/or think the offense would change after the hiring of a new OC. That's just mind boggling to me.

6 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

a. he is getting more love from media than Allen.

b. we play them in the opener and he will start.

c. there were some on this board wanting us to take Jackson over Allen in the draft.  

......we do?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was sooooo glad to find out that Jackson was never even CONSIDERED by One Bills Drive. I did not feel like going through the "he can run, but he must learn to be an actual QUARTERBACK completely from scratch!" song and dance with him.

Although, ironically, I suppose people could say the same thing about Josh Allen...

Edited by Logic

16 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

a. he is getting more love from media than Allen.

b. we play them in the opener and he will start.

c. there were some on this board wanting us to take Jackson over Allen in the draft.  

You know it's 2019?

• Like (+1) 1