Article says "Ravens QB Jackson didn't know about new offense for 2019 season

Everyone jumped on the Lamar bandwagon early because the Ravens made the playoffs. 

I'm telling you, I think this kid's going to be a bust. He is NOT an NFL level thrower right now. Unless he makes serious strides, I see him having an RGIII level career.

• Like (+1) 10

...they hired a new Offensive Coordinator...what the hell did he think was going to happen. I mean I've only barely paid attention to their situation but I could of sworn it was common knowledge this was happening. I mean did I accidentally stroke out and predict the future or was it reported on extensively after the season? Things like this make you think the wonderlic might be a bit more accurate than people have said.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 6

25 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

...they hired a new Offensive Coordinator...what the hell did he think was going to happen. I mean I've only barely paid attention to their situation but I could of sworn is was common knowledge this was happening. I mean did I accidentally stroke out and predict the future or was it reported on extensively after the season? Things like this make you think the wonderlic might be a bit more accurate than people have said.

This was my 1st thought when I saw the article. One would think it's pretty obvious that some things may change with the hiring of a new OC.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

Some of the comments to that article are pretty humorous.

I’ll maintain the position I’ve held since last year...Jackson will prove to be no better than the 4th (if not 5th) best QB taken in the 1st round last season.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Everyone jumped on the Lamar bandwagon early because the Ravens made the playoffs. 

I'm telling you, I think this kid's going to be a bust. He is NOT an NFL level thrower right now. Unless he makes serious strides, I see him having an RGIII level career.

RG3 was the better prospect who has a better arm and he may be comeback player of the year if Lamar regresses.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Logic said:

That's probably an insult to RG3, he actually was a decent thrower and, of course, could run. His problem ended up being a body that could not take an NFL pounding week after week.

Jackson can run, and that's about it. The Chargers figured out how to stop him, so that blueprint is now public.

It seems pretty simple, force him to throw because that is what he is terrible at. His only success in passing was on plays that broke down and he and his receivers were running all over the field in scramble drills. I don't see that as a sustainable plan for success. It will get you some exciting results sometimes, but sustainable and formula for winning in the NFL? No.

• Like (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, CSBill said:

And by the way, Roman and he are on the opposite ends of the IQ scale--that won't help. Would love to be a fly on the wall in those meetings.

Roman will get that offense humming. They're a perfect fit for each other.

5 hours ago, Logic said:

I can't agree more. Big mistake letting Flacco go. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Why should we care again?

Baltimore made the post season last year. The Ravens struggling means another spot opens up. Having a quarterback not grasp a new system or play poorly can lead to a team missing the playoffs. 

I agree that after hearing Jackson speak and the Wonderlic scores, I was skeptical about his ability to read a defense and comprehend a play book. This article does nothing to make those apprehensions go away. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1