Hey Buffalo fans

My team is the Knicks.. but I was pulling for the Greek FREAK! Bummed out the Bucks lost. 

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Thanks, but honestly few people in WNY follow the Raptors. NBA is just not a thing around here. Even baseball, there are more Yankees than Blue Jays fans.

Personally, I always kinda liked the Jays because their AAA squad back in the day was based in Syracuse and I got to see major leaguers rehab in the Cuse. Overall I’m not really a baseball fan though. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Welcome back, and I raised a glass to Bart Starr already.

What a coincidence! I too raised a glass!

Then I heard about Bart Starr.....bummer. RIP. 

3 hours ago, PolishPrince said:

I dont have any ill will toward you... however these kinds of posts are getting me there.

Reminds me of teenage girls on facebook who post "ugh, whatever." Then they get their friends to respond "whats wrong." Just to get hit with "its personal dont want to talk about it"

How many teenage girls are you following on Facebook?  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..DAMN right and do not bring it up again bro......don't think we have been in the position today of talent in camp where some football talent may be in the final 37 cut in may years.....been a long DAMN time at OBD for this type of conundrum......how are Pack minis and early OTA's going in your view?....any Danica assessments (LOL)??..............

I think we will be about .500 this year again. My Pack hasn't been good since 2016 now.

Hey fellas no more apologies or arguments here. I promise.

6 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

I had to come back and say this. I know some of you guys can't stand me here and that's fine. Did I do something in the last year to upset everyone? I just wanted to say I still love you guys and your team. Your NBA team beat mine too last night. Congrats to all you guys that are Toronto fans.

Toronto is not Buffalo's NBA team.  The Buffalo Braves are.  Sure they've been gone for 41 years now, vacationing in SoCal, but like many Buffalonians, eventually they will come home.  

8 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Toronto is not Buffalo's NBA team.  The Buffalo Braves are.  Sure they've been gone for 41 years now, vacationing in SoCal, but like many Buffalonians, eventually they will come home.  

As Steven Tyler sings: “Dream On!”

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Thanks, but honestly few people in WNY follow the Raptors. NBA is just not a thing around here. Even baseball, there are more Yankees than Blue Jays fans.

Not living in the Buffalo area, I’ve had numerous sports discussions with people where they assume since Buffalo doesn’t have NBA and MLB teams that Buffalonians are Toronto fans.   When they ask why not, I’m not certain but I reply that there is animosity between Buffalonians and the people in Toronto. Then they ask why, and my response is “I guess because they’re Canadians”

Can anyone confirm this?

Just now, ColeB said:

Not living in the Buffalo area, I’ve had numerous sports discussions with people where they assume since Buffalo doesn’t have NBA and MLB teams that Buffalonians are Toronto fans.   When they ask why not, I’m not certain but I reply that there is animosity between Buffalonians and the people in Toronto. Then they ask why, and my response is “I guess because they’re Canadians”

Can anyone confirm this?

I haven't lived in WNY since '81 but here's my take. People like to visit Toronto but don't otherwise relate to it. Since the Braves left people stopped following the NBA, and the Mets and Yankees have longer histories and following in WNY.

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not a fan of the NBA since the Braves folded. Ernie D, Two for MacAdo, Gar Heard, Bob Kaufman, Randy Smith....etc... Just not relevant to me ever since.... 

6 minutes ago, Bills Fan of Maryland said:

Not a fan of the NBA since the Braves folded. Ernie D, Two for MacAdo, Gar Heard, Bob Kaufman, Randy Smith....etc... Just not relevant to me ever since.... 

Those were the days! My sister used to babysit for the Kaufman’s. They lived right behind us. I may (or may not) have jumped off a garage roof into a snow drift that happened to be hiding his VW beetle. It was his toy car. Oops!  Big man in a little car! Funny sight! 

Great guy! Had 1/2 season’s tix at the time and loved the NBA. They’d have to pay ME to go now. May watch a little of the Finals. 

We took the kids to games when they were younger when we were traveling. “Be good and we can go see the Celtics play LeBron tonight.” Bribery works! About 5 minutes into a game in Charlotte once my youngest (a fierce little AAU player at the time) turned to me about 5 minutes in and said “they’re not even trying!” Amen. 

Hi IceBowl.  It's good to hear from you again.  As far as the NBA is concerned, I am not a fan myself.  Once in a while something will interest me a bit, but it's not team specific, and I can't can't say I've ever had any interest in Toronto.  I feel more affinity for the Packers than the Raptors.

1 hour ago, Bills Fan of Maryland said:

Elmore Smith, Swen Nater, those were the days! Hey Ice, always nice to hear from you. Sorry to hear about Bart. Class act.

4 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Elmore Smith, Swen Nater, those were the days! Hey Ice, always nice to hear from you. Sorry to hear about Bart. Class act.

Swen Nater! I met him at an event in Nashville last year, and somehow came away with a bag full of his private meat rub concoction! Beverages were involved following the event.

(OK, feel free to have fun with that one!  ?