What's on the Memorial Day Cookout Menu?

Gugny

4 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

No idea....I'll find out when I get to our host's place.

First stop is local carnival with the kids at noon.

Same. Sister in law. Probably not going to be steak, or anything good for that matter. 

Working tomorrow so grilling for staff. Salmon, chicken, burgers, dogs. I’m making potato salad and others will bring sides.

2 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Smoking some baby back ribs, salt potatoes and a veggie to be named later.

You better get you some good beer to cut through then salt taters. ? 

• Like (+1) 1

Probably hot dogs, we'll see if I can muster up some energy and come up with something better after watching some baseball and Indy 500....I'm freaking beat. Spent the last 3 hours in 85 degree weather pulling weeds and pruning bushes after drinking copious amounts of beer at The Who concert and not getting home until 2:15 am. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Like (+1) 1

Lobster tails brushed with garlic butter on grill with ribeye steaks that I've marinated for a couple days. So tender they break apart when flipping them. Along with baked potato and country style green beans.

***** mouth watering I tell you.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I'm planning a surf and turf of some kind; going shopping later, so I'll update later with what we decided.

What's on your menu???

Gug,for the first time this year...I'm getting a few sacks of clams from wegmans.We are small tomorrow,my cousin (former Marine),his bride and our good friends (couple-no kids).only 6 of us but it's fine w/dogs and burgers.The girls like shrimp..so Carol will make shrimp cocktails.

I will drink tomorrow...Budweiser bottles..I might nip on some jack.

Cheesecake too.

I feel good.

• Like (+1) 2

I spent the morning grabbing a keg from a now-closed bar's basement, and also a ton of cans of beer from the same place. Iced it all down. Got a 1.75L bottle of Bulleit Rye also.

Steak, burgers, dogs, tons of sides. Other things to "eat" if you know what I'm saying.......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Seasons1992 said:

I spent the morning grabbing a keg from a now-closed bar's basement, and also a ton of cans of beer from the same place. Iced it all down. Got a 1.75L bottle of Bulleit Rye also.

Steak, burgers, dogs, tons of sides. Other things to "eat" if you know what I'm saying.......

I guess I'll just come to your house.

Low country boil is perfect for Memorial Day.

So is the 15 hour pork shoulder on the Primo XL.

Alas, neither is happening here, as my kid is going to come over and do his chicken thing on the grill.

So.....Instead of being a grill maestro, I'll be reduced to a "side."

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Already had the cookout last night.

Murrica. Hah dwags, burgahs and chicken.

Exactly what I made last night!!

Tonight, we'll have NY Strips, Maryland crab cakes, stuffed clams and Salmon pinwheels (salmon rolled into a wheel with a crab filling in between.

Grabbed some slaw and potato salad from the market.  Also making roasted roma tomatoes (drizzle olive oil over it and sprinkle with Italian seasonings - roast 'em till they shrivel a little.  Melt in yo mouf).

Just cracked my first IPA (Sierra Nevada Torpedo); after a few of those, I will switch to Labatt Light.

Lil' Gug has his buddy over.  I'll have a small fire in the backyard later.  Marshmallows and acoustic guitars.

'Murica, indeed, my friend!!!

Edited by Gugny