Kyle Williams competitive golf story

52 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

Nice story on Kyle's success on the golf course- 

He's lookin' pretty fit and trim in that picture, dontcha think?

Kyle Williams is just an all around awesome athlete.  Several times going back to just after KW was drafted, someone asked "who is the best athlete on the team?" and the answer was "Kyle Williams".  A few years later, same question, same answer.  And just a few years ago, still same answer.  It's not unusual for NFL players to have exceled in more than one sport in HS, but Williams had 3 (baseball, football, and track).  At one point I believe he swam competitively also - who could forget the swimming contest with Marshawn Lynch?

I know, I know "golf skill"

• Awesome! (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Kyle Williams is just an all around awesome athlete.  Several times going back to just after KW was drafted, someone asked "who is the best athlete on the team?" and the answer was "Kyle Williams".  A few years later, same question, same answer.  And just a few years ago, still same answer.  It's not unusual for NFL players to have exceled in more than one sport in HS, but Williams had 3 (baseball, football, and track).  At one point I believe he swam competitively also - who could forget the swimming contest with Marshawn Lynch?

I think he was the best athlete on the team until Tyrod showed up.  Some people say Tyrod is the best athlete they've ever seen.  

Kyle was a great football player. 

Did you see the video of McDermott introducing Kyle when he announced his retirement to the team?  McDermott said the first time he ever saw Kyle was at the Pro Bowl when McDermott was one of the coaches.   He said Kyle stood out as an athlete and a worker.  He said it meant a lot to him to get a chance to coach Kyle in Buffalo.  High praise.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Excellent article.    Kyle will excel at whatever he decides to do...

I’m sure he’s excelling at being a father, and I’m sure that’s his #1 priority. He has more time to focus on that now. Thank you, Kyle. I hope you stay close to the Bills family, and wish you all the best!  

Kyle is the dude who will beat you at golf, pool, darts, bowling, or whatever game you bring up. Just one of those guys with great hand-eye coordination who is a sneaky good athlete. Plus he has that competitive fire. 

It’s a shame he only got one playoff game as a Bill but he will forever be a tremendous ambassador for the franchise. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, BringBackFlutie said:

I was like, "lol. Whut?"

Did you read the article until the end? It talks about him trying coaching to see what he likes.

His was a perfectly reasonable comment. Yours showed you didn't read it. Sorry.

Outside of golf, Williams plans to do some studio work for NFL Network, which includes spending a few days at Bills training camp in Rochester. But he doesn’t see himself as a full-time game analyst. He might even do some coaching.

“I want to see what I like and don’t like,” said Williams. “I want to see what I’m passionate about, see what I can sink my teeth into. I don’t sit still very well.”

Edited by gregor7777

19 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

For an undersized DT like he was, I wouldn’t be surprised if he lost a bunch of weight after he retired. There are a ton of stories of former NFL players who walk around way lighter than they used to play at.

Unreal athlete no doubt, I heard he was a monster on the basketball court too.