Interesting profile on Matt Milano in TBN: “Man of few possessions and much promise”

On 5/25/2019 at 12:39 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...GREAT find Yolo....kid was sorely missed last year......I certainly underestimated his potential contribution as a smallish 5th......better keep my day job........

I absolutely underestimated him, even after poring over his youtube highlights. He didn't really flash on "film" as I remember it. Didn't look fast (despite being light) or instinctive from his hybrid safety position. 

I hope it's the same way with our QB (with of course MUCH higher stakes) : a guy who under-performed in college but projects favorably in the NFL due to physical traits, work ethic/intellect, and coaching/scheme fit. (I didn't much care for Josh Allen's college footage, either.)

Being wrong is often quite rewarding, if one is honest with...oneself. 

• Like (+1) 1

Milano is awesome. As soon as I saw him knifing into the back field making tackles for loss his rookie season, I knew he was going to be special.

He's going to be a terror this season (for offenses).

• Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, MJS said:

Milano is awesome. As soon as I saw him knifing into the back field making tackles for loss his rookie season, I knew he was going to be special.

He's going to be a terror this season (for offenses).

When I watched film on him that was no 5th round pick I was watching.

25 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

When I watched film on him that was no 5th round pick I was watching.

...just let that 5th round keep paying us dividends......2018 & 2019 5th round picks also show promise besides Meatball & Milano........

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...just let that 5th round keep paying us dividends......2018 & 2019 5th round picks also show promise besides Meatball & Milano........

Just kidding...but someone suggested trading all of our picks for fifths! I am rooting for Joseph as well!

Edited by Rocket94

On 5/26/2019 at 9:41 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not intending any disparagement of Matt, but actually it probably doesn't require much discipline.

At least, the people I know who have the means to do more, but have a similar minimalist lifestyle, just aren't very interested in material goods beyond the minimum needed for comfort.  It's like John Urschel driving the same used car since college - likely it's not "Must...be...disciplined...don't...look...at...Porsche", it's that driving a fancy-butt car wouldn't do anything for him, but he might buy a fancy-butt high end espresso machine 'cuz he likes coffee.  Milano probably doesn't care what's on the walls or enjoy fine wood furniture.

This exactly. It's unlikely Milano is avoiding "worldly temptations" and far more likely he just doesn't care. I don't care about furniture along with any number of things most people find necessary. It's not some higher calling or indication of self discipline. For all we know, Milano will buy a Porche if that's something he values. Different strokes/different folks.