Interesting profile on Matt Milano in TBN: “Man of few possessions and much promise”

2 hours ago, NickelCity said:

Probably prevents girls from becoming girlfriends too. Very process, Matt. Very process. Ball is life.

I bet you Matt does OK for himself. Probably into very petite women given the minimalist lifestyle.

This is my kind of guy all around. I haven't bought a jersey in years, but I'll have a 58 before the season begins.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Interesting that Milano lives downtown.  I think most of the players live in OP/Southtowns close to the facility. 

Downtown can be a cool area. There has been cultural buildup...some of those lofts are really neat.

48 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I bet you Matt does OK for himself. Probably into very petite women given the minimalist lifestyle.

I have no doubt. I just said the lifestyle may help prevent them from becoming girlfriends. ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Reading about how he is a minimalist so he can focus on football and spends his time reading leadership books... very McProcess

He should connect with Krueger, the Sabres new coach. That's the coach's specialty. :)

Milano is an absolute beast.  He might be the best bang for the buck draft pick in the McBeane era which is saying a lot considering some of the draft picks they have hit on.  Our defense is getting close to being something very special.  

22 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Reading about how he is a minimalist so he can focus on football and spends his time reading leadership books... very McProcess

....scary how we hit a home run AGAIN in the 5th (Meatball)......next up is the Neal kid, a 2018 5th and the Joseph kid, a 2019 5th....prolly should trade our 2020 picks away for six 5th round spots at this rate......McBeane's gang certainly does their homework............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....scary how we hit a home run AGAIN in the 5th (Meatball)......next up is the Neal kid, a 2018 5th and the Joseph kid, a 2019 5th....prolly should trade our 2020 picks away for six 5th round spots at this rate.........

Why not? It might land the Bills some hidden defensive end!

• Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

A spartan existential lifestyle. It requires discipline...I like that. 

Not intending any disparagement of Matt, but actually it probably doesn't require much discipline.

At least, the people I know who have the means to do more, but have a similar minimalist lifestyle, just aren't very interested in material goods beyond the minimum needed for comfort.  It's like John Urschel driving the same used car since college - likely it's not "Must...be...disciplined...don't...look...at...Porsche", it's that driving a fancy-butt car wouldn't do anything for him, but he might buy a fancy-butt high end espresso machine 'cuz he likes coffee.  Milano probably doesn't care what's on the walls or enjoy fine wood furniture.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/25/2019 at 11:35 AM, YoloinOhio said:

https://buffalonews.com/2019/05/25/buffalo-bills-matt-milano-few-possessions-much-promise/

[mod note: subscription required.  Key points below:]

My favorite vignette from the article:

"He was raised a Jets fan, and coincidentally, across the street from a family of Bills fans [the Drys]

Dan Dry played running back at Canisius College in the early 1980s, and he and his wife, Tammy, the daughter of former Golden Griffins coach Tom Hersey, have six children, including three boys, all older than Matt and his brother, Michael.

Matt’s tenacity was evident when he was a small child.

“These kids were all bigger than him,” Dan Dry said. “He’d get thrown around, go home and cry, and he’d come back and roll around with them some more. They were always out there playing basketball and street hockey or football. And mainly football in our front yard.”

That’s where, each Sunday, the Drys placed a gigantic Buffalo Bills “Bubba” lawn ornament, a cartoonish inflatable player crouched in a three-point stance, staring at the Milanos' house across the street.

?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not intending any disparagement of Matt, but actually it probably doesn't require much discipline.

At least, the people I know who have the means to do more, but have a similar minimalist lifestyle, just aren't very interested in material goods beyond the minimum needed for comfort.  It's like John Urschel driving the same used car since college - likely it's not "Must...be...disciplined...don't...look...at...Porsche", it's that driving a fancy-butt car wouldn't do anything for him, but he might buy a fancy-butt high end espresso machine 'cuz he likes coffee.  Milano probably doesn't care what's on the walls or enjoy fine wood furniture.

I agree. I know a lot of people that live that way regardless of income. The older I get the more I get it. Material things are exactly that:Material! I just find it refreshing that a young man like Milano is keeping life simple right now. Ok, he probably has a car he likes and a Keurig, but the main focus may be football and simplicity. Sometimes less is more.

5 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

I dont feel it requires any dicipline... it is just the way that person is. I only need my TV, Computer, Bed that is it.

Discipline in the sense that he is keeping life simple...avoiding the material temptations. 

1 hour ago, Rocket94 said:

I agree. I know a lot of people that live that way regardless of income. The older I get the more I get it. Material things are exactly that:Material! I just find it refreshing that a young man like Milano is keeping life simple right now. Ok, he probably has a car he likes and a Keurig, but the main focus may be football and simplicity. Sometimes less is more.

Discipline in the sense that he is keeping life simple...avoiding the material temptations. 

Yeah and it isn't hard to avoid if it isn't your thing.