WoW Classic

/dev/null

20 hours ago, mrags said:

I’d be interested to see who’s still interested and what level of play they bring and introducing everyone to my old guild. Getting requests to come back there but there doesn’t seem to be enough to raid regularly. I’d say we’d be a smaller guild with fill in for some other raid guild. 

So... here’s a question, what we’re your char names and servers? I wonder if we ever played with each other and never knew it. 

Hoonigan - ret paladin area 52

Also have a monk healer lemonchicken

By the way i started a blizzard gamers club here.

Edited by Joe in Winslow

7 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Hoonigan - ret paladin area 52

Also have a monk healer lemonchicken

By the way i started a blizzard gamers club here.

Vymn, Malfurion, 60 Warrior Main Tank

Hotcarled, Eldre Thalas (I think), 70 Rogue, PvP

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, mrags said:

Anyone else getting more excited for this? Who’s thinking they are for sure in or out?

I was but so many people are just going for the rush through content. It will never be like it was, I remember the old content was mostly easy especially if you played it before. Lots of people still play classic so it won't be the same for me. Also like I said before I have no time for High War Lord and that is the only thing I didn't accomplish before BC.

Started playing FFXIV and that is more for my play time management then Classic.

Edited by Boca BIlls
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Closer and closer. Who’s getting excited? I still need to buy a computer/laptop to play. Found a sick deal on a Dell. Still don’t know if I’m going to play or not. But I am very excited for it and do want to play. Well see tho 

6 hours ago, mrags said:

Closer and closer. Who’s getting excited? I still need to buy a computer/laptop to play. Found a sick deal on a Dell. Still don’t know if I’m going to play or not. But I am very excited for it and do want to play. Well see tho 

My budddy's in beta, says it's horrible. I'm out. More excited for Baldur's Gate 3, honestly.

Edited by Joe in Winslow

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

My budddy's in beta, says it's horrible. I'm out. More excited for Baldur's Gate 3, honestly.

Did he play classic wow when it came out tho? 

That’s the key question. Because if he’s younger. And/or didn’t play classic wow 12-14 years ago and he plays the new crap that’s out now, or never played at all, then he won’t appreciate it. 

Edited by mrags

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

Did he play classic wow when it came out tho? 

That’s the key question. Because if he’s younger. And/or didn’t play classic wow 12-14 years ago and he plays the new crap that’s out now, or never played at all, then he won’t appreciate it. 

He did. Classic-today.

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

He did. Classic-today.

I’d be curious to know why he thinks it’s garbage. Did he not like it then? Is it any different now? 

Im just thinking he doesn’t like it because he played classic through now and now he’s used to the crap that wow is now. 

Just now, mrags said:

I’d be curious to know why he thinks it’s garbage. Did he not like it then? Is it any different now? 

Im just thinking he doesn’t like it because he played classic through now and now he’s used to the crap that wow is now. 

Said it's boring, mainly. None of the servers are PVP.

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Said it's boring, mainly. None of the servers are PVP.

Well. At launch, that will change. 

Its probably boring for him because you have to start all over again and grind leveling 

Edited by mrags

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

Well. At launch, that will change. 

Its probably boring for him because you have to start all over again and grind leveling 

Yeah, I'm just not emotionally invested in vanilla, started in LK. Also, dread the thought of getting back on Blizz's hamster wheel.

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Yeah, I'm just not emotionally invested in vanilla, started in LK. Also, dread the thought of getting back on Blizz's hamster wheel.

I’ll agree with that. See I haven’t played since BC. I quit then because I hated what they were turning the game into. Classic is where i had all my fun 

Just now, mrags said:

I’ll agree with that. See I haven’t played since BC. I quit then because I hated what they were turning the game into. Classic is where i had all my fun 

I was on WoW alpha, quit @ BC because i hated it; skipped LK and came back for Cataclysm; loved Mists, hated WoD and Meh on Legion and while i've carried my subscription i've played BoA sparingly.  From Mists on i was in a hardcore raid guild and that soured my experience, like raids, just not when it's a 'job'.

I'm intrigued by classic and will give it a try, my first char ever was a NE warrior but i may work the priest (disc) first.  I dont have the time i used to so it'll be methodical progress.

13 minutes ago, Say When... said:

I was on WoW alpha, quit @ BC because i hated it; skipped LK and came back for Cataclysm; loved Mists, hated WoD and Meh on Legion and while i've carried my subscription i've played BoA sparingly.  From Mists on i was in a hardcore raid guild and that soured my experience, like raids, just not when it's a 'job'.

I'm intrigued by classic and will give it a try, my first char ever was a NE warrior but i may work the priest (disc) first.  I dont have the time i used to so it'll be methodical progress.

Yeah. A lot of people really didn’t like the end game raiding scene. I loved it. Was different for me tho. I was the main tank in my guild and I was one of the guild and raid leaders, so i was one of the ones pushing for end game content and to move forward. I miss that part of it. Was my favorite game of all time. Nothing else even comes close for me. 

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yeah. A lot of people really didn’t like the end game raiding scene. I loved it. Was different for me tho. I was the main tank in my guild and I was one of the guild and raid leaders, so i was one of the ones pushing for end game content and to move forward. I miss that part of it. Was my favorite game of all time. Nothing else even comes close for me. 

now that i can see and i always respected the main/offhand tank and pushing is OK, but we were logging in at a specific time on Saturday/Sunday, if you missed 2 raids you dropped to the B and C groups and they simply didn't progress.  I was a healer so i get it i'm being counted on but it became too restrictive, i prefer more casual guilds.

i really like WoW but Ultima Online (and maybe it was the place/time) was my favorite ever, UO original was just, awesome for me.  I'd stay up all night, skip work, buy the best modem (33.6k FTW) and play/think about that game non-stop.

UO - DAoC - WoW was my MMORPG path.