WoW Classic

/dev/null

It's going to be hilarious when the kids who never played vanilla realize how ***** hard the game was compared to the easy-mode mechanics introduced in later expansions.

I give it 3-4 months before Classic is down to just a few thousand people playing.

3 hours ago, Koko78 said:

It's going to be hilarious when the kids who never played vanilla realize how ***** hard the game was compared to the easy-mode mechanics introduced in later expansions.

I give it 3-4 months before Classic is down to just a few thousand people playing.

Sir beard of neck ^

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Is this a code?

3 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

You gonna do it? I have a coworker that wants to start a guild. I'm meh on paying blizzard any coin.

i'm undecided.  i kinda want to but not sure i want to head back down that rabbit hole

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

Probably. If you play it backwards, it says 'Hail Satan!'

MV5BNDhiZWZmNWMtNzhiYi00NzcwLWFjNTQtN2My

I absolutely loved classic WOW (I refuse to say vanilla). Was a MT on one of the top guilds on our server. Made it halfway through AQ40 when BC came out and many decided to take time off. Including me. Then I created a rogue on a PVP server and played BGs pretty hard and went around ganking people for fun at my leisure. 

I miss classic. But like you guys, I’m not sure I could get stuck in that trap again. I’m married now. Lol

34 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

If I had the time... I was about 4 weeks from my HWL title and I don't think I could ever come close to the playtime I had just to get there.

I definitely couldn’t ever come close to the playtime I had back then. I turned down jobs just so that I could be home to Raid at night. Lol

Edited by mrags

11 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Vanilla WoW was still a cake walk when compared to something like EverQuest. Remember that grind (if you are old enough)?

5 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Vanilla WoW was still a cake walk when compared to something like EverQuest. Remember that grind (if you are old enough)?

Old enough? Yes. I never really got into EverQuest though. I played it once on a friend's account. Some jackwagons suckered me into following them into some high level area, where they got me killed and abandoned my corpse (and all my gear). No one would help me retrieve my stuff. I said '***** this' and never played again.

I got into WoW after a bunch of friends I met playing a MUD called Gemstone III (later IV) switched over.

20 minutes ago, Hedge said:

I spent many a nights grinding on Norrath, Kunark specifically

13 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Old enough? Yes. I never really got into EverQuest though. I played it once on a friend's account. Some jackwagons suckered me into following them into some high level area, where they got me killed and abandoned my corpse (and all my gear). No one would help me retrieve my stuff. I said '***** this' and never played again.

I recall one night venturing thru the level 15ish castle/tower on Kunark when something cast a Fear on me and I ended up falling down a hole into the depths with some giant badger looking things.  My friend and I never could have gotten down there by ourselves so we rounded up an epic posse of noobs to recover my corpse :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1