Its Bob Dylan's Birthday... I Have This...What do you have?

T&C

11 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Have you done a few close watches of Interiors?

really bad Ingmar Bergman imitation, smoking crater bad imitation.

I like it though, gets rid of unwanted company.

Geraldine Page's performance is incredible in that movie despite the fact that it's so obviously derivative of Bergman and not a great movie overall. She was nominated for best actress and should have won it.

18 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Geraldine Page's performance is incredible in that movie despite the fact that it's so obviously derivative of Bergman and not a great movie overall. She was nominated for best actress and should have won it.

i'll give her that and Ms. Stapleton's appearance is great as well.

hard to come up with a second film where the two best performances are by women of that advanced age.

the best scene is Page tearing and placing the duct tape (just so) as she preps for her gas stove suicide attempt.

23 minutes ago, Rico said:

I’ve got it on BD cause the price was right and I’m a bit of a completist, but Interiors was a long-time-ago one-and-done for me zzzzzzzz.

Thanks, good lunch-time reading. This is my favorite part, QFT:

“The Petty shows seemed particularly pointless; why did Bob Dylan need a stringy-haired sycophant onstage with him?”

i like Bergman and I like Interiors and Self Portrait is enjoyed when i'm so tired from work and stuff that all i can do is lay there with it playing loud for the whole thing.

• Like (+1) 1

the library has Interiors for free online watch, just went through the first 20 minutes, and found about 15 chuckles as i take the view he had to have intended this to be a very dry comedy.

it's ignored in all mainstream categories, i think i came across it on John Water's favourite cinematic tortures of fans, i recall other gems of:

1)  Marguerite Duras' The Truck with Depardieu which basically is a read of a script slowly and footage of a truck driving along

2)  the unbelievably indulgent Bresson's Lancelot du Lac

3)  most anything by Rainer Werner Fassbinder, Why Does Herr R Run Amok is a good one to start with

and the horrible Godard "La Chinoise" series under the ummmmmmmmmmm... Dziga Vertov Group and their Maoist phase...

so, if you feel compelled as i have...

Edited by row_33

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

i'll give her that and Ms. Stapleton's appearance is great as well.

hard to come up with a second film where the two best performances are by women of that advanced age.

the best scene is Page tearing and placing the duct tape (just so) as she preps for her gas stove suicide attempt.

i like Bergman and I like Interiors and Self Portrait is enjoyed when i'm so tired from work and stuff that all i can do is lay there with it playing loud for the whole thing.

My Bloody Valentine "Loveless" is my go-to album when I just have to decompress and zone everything out. Works like a charm.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, T&C said:

Yeah I've heard that from other people too, hit or miss throughout the years. 20 plus times is pretty wild... made me think about who I've seen the most. Spirit, Savoy Brown, Moodys, Tull at least 4 times, really think it was 4 though. Never saw the Stones either lol.

Spirit!  I would have liked to have seen them.   Guess it is not happening now.