Kay say Tre the Best CB

Everybody that knows me from the bbmb and even the first few months here I was ADAMANT we needed to resign gilly

i always called him a future all pro and the bad rap he got was crazy.. he was really really good

Tre May not have the length or speed of Gilly but i do think he is a better pure zone corner

them 2 together would’ve been the best tandem EASILY

2 hours ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

I realize this type of hindsight thinking isn't productive, but can you imagine if we had somehow paid Gilmore the money his agent thought he was worth two years ago? White and Gilmore as your two shutdown CB's would have been a lot of fun...

His game improved with the Pats and it's probably a product of coaching.  The Patriots obviously saw something in him that we didn't.  Let's not make the same mistake again and start talking contract extension with T. White next off-season.

I'm surprised Josh Norman's name wasn't mentioned along side Sherman's as they were pry the best two CB's in the league from 2014 to 2016 or so.

Edited by Doc Brown

On 5/24/2019 at 6:28 PM, BurpleBull said:

IJS, Tre'D' needs to rectify that if he gets his chance again because it was a shockingly, horrible game. He just couldn't stop the bleeding. 

There was also the game against the Jets, where he defended Robby Anderson and gave up the big gain late that allowed the go-ahead TD, in the Jets/Darnold comeback win.

He has to take his game to a higher level, otherwise he will continue to be thought of as being a Tier 2 CB.

You predicted Peterman would be a good NFL QB, right?

You’re either a troll or an idiot. In either case, bye bye. 

16 hours ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

I realize this type of hindsight thinking isn't productive, but can you imagine if we had somehow paid Gilmore the money his agent thought he was worth two years ago? White and Gilmore as your two shutdown CB's would have been a lot of fun...

If McD had paid Gilmore which he should have then they could have drafted Mahomes. 

Not paying Gilmore was a huge mistake. This board is always saying build through the draft and extend your own. Well McD botched the first major decision he had to make. He made up for it a bit with a solid trade down for White. And don't even start with the Whaley was still GM nonsense. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/24/2019 at 4:06 PM, Chandler#81 said:

We love Kay Adams, right? In this segment, they go ‘round the room discussing who the best CB playing today is. Ms. Adams believes it’s Tre White.

I love the Survivor Series comparison for 2018.

I like Kay Adams for other reasons. Not necessarily for talking good things about the Bills. ?

Edited by Buffalo03

On 5/24/2019 at 9:38 PM, whatdrought said:

How bout the first round CB's in 2017?

Marshon Latimore 

Marlon Humphrey

Andoree Jackson

Gareon Conley (is he any good) 

And Tre. 

Serious group right there... 3 or 4 of the best CBs in the league!

And the rest of the class is pretty good too.... Desmond King and Rasul Douglas spring to mind from the later rounds. Oh and Jamal Adams who is already arguably the best safety in the league. 

But I always thought Lattimore, White and Humphrey were outstanding NFL corner prospects. Not surprised how well they have done. 

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And the rest of the class is pretty good too.... Desmond King and Rasul Douglas spring to mind from the later rounds. Oh and Jamal Adams who is already arguably the best safety in the league. 

But I always thought Lattimore, White and Humphrey were outstanding NFL corner prospects. Not surprised how well they have done. 

Shaquille Griffin from Seattle was a third rounder for the hawks. Great DB class all around. 

12 hours ago, eball said:

You predicted Peterman would be a good NFL QB, right?

You’re either a troll or an idiot. In either case, bye bye. 

Nice way to merge two separate ideas, for the sake of venting about being wrong on Peterman starting the 2018 season. 

You seem to have gotten it all out of your system, good for you. Lol

On 5/25/2019 at 7:38 PM, LSHMEAB said:

League's BEST and tier two are ENTIRELY different things. I think we'd all agree he needs to improve if he wants to be considered the league's best. He had a few lapses last season and did not perform as well as he did as a rookie. To be the best, he's going to have to improve his timing and tracking. I'm still putting him firmly in the "tier one" group.

Obviously.

To enter the conversation of league's best, you'd have to at the very least, work your way into that top tier of CB's first; I don't think Tre'D' is in that group just yet. 

On 5/25/2019 at 10:52 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

Tre is great. Every CB gives up some catches. But I don't think he is an elite CB just yet. Perhaps a better pass rush and another year of experience will let him become elite. 

I was impressed Frazier and McD changed their philosophy and allowed Tre to shadow the best WR.  Hope they continue that next season.

This is where I'm at, exactly.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/25/2019 at 3:22 PM, BurpleBull said:

He did.

I like Tre'D' a lot, think he's very good, and feel like he could be on the cusp of becoming one of the elites; I just think he's off by a little currently, based on his sophomore season. 

I think next season could be the year where he's emerges as an undoubted, premier corner. 

This is 100% right. I think he is a top 10 corner. But there is an elite 4 or 5 and he isn't quite there yet. That isn't a criticism of a guy who has just been in the league two years.... if anything it is a huge compliment.