Kay say Tre the Best CB

4 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

IJS, Tre'D' needs to rectify that if he gets his chance again because it was a shockingly, horrible game. He just couldn't stop the bleeding. 

There was also the game against the Jets, where he defended Robby Anderson and gave up the big gain late that allowed the go-ahead TD, in the Jets/Darnold comeback win.

He has to take his game to a higher level, otherwise he will continue to be thought of as being a Tier 2 CB.

Most of this is unreadable. What I can make out is ridiculous. Enjoy your holiday drunk fest.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

Most of this is unreadable. What I can make out is ridiculous. Enjoy your holiday drunk fest.

What I glean is that as long as White continues to allow completions, he's a 2nd tier CB. The "elites" apparently bat 1000.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I opened this thread and thought maybe it was one of those French Canadian articles translated to English. "The thrower made the skin of pig fly through the air with preciseness and muscle while the catcher gave the defender false intentions in order to receive the oval."

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m really hoping for his sake he’s drunk. Sadly I don’t think he is. 

Let’s not forget that he was “ride or die” for peterman until the very end. 

I dont know of anyone, bills fan, media, or other teams fans, that know football and think white is “tier 2” 

1 hour ago, BurpleBull said:

IJS, Tre'D' needs to rectify that if he gets his chance again because it was a shockingly, horrible game. He just couldn't stop the bleeding. 

There was also the game against the Jets, where he defended Robby Anderson and gave up the big gain late that allowed the go-ahead TD, in the Jets/Darnold comeback win.

He has to take his game to a higher level, otherwise he will continue to be thought of as being a Tier 2 CB.

Wow this is really bad.

Just now, BurpleBull said:

Revis was well-established and made the Pro Bowl in each of those seasons.

Your argument that Tre isn’t a top tier corner and your examples of two bad games.  So if you’re a young and up and comer...you aren’t allowed bad games.  If you’re established vet...those don’t count or something?

10 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

That'll happen when you only watch a quarter of the season, and cling to Kay Adams' breakdown of the parts you missed.

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

You only watch a quarter of the season? 

Poor assumption considering it's your infatuation with Kay Adams, that led to her assessment of Tre'D'---which is founded on a Week 6 performance---being a topic of discussion.

Even Tre'D' knows that there's more that he has to show, if he's to be considered the 'league's best'.

14 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Yeah, I mean who wants fun and positivity with their football? 

We need more crummy garbage spewers like Sullivan and every local ny sports radio jockey. 

Did you miss the part I said they were really nice people?  

31 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Robbie Anderson toasted him too

He did.

I like Tre'D' a lot, think he's very good, and feel like he could be on the cusp of becoming one of the elites; I just think he's off by a little currently, based on his sophomore season. 

I think next season could be the year where he's emerges as an undoubted, premier corner. 

• Like (+1) 1

The fact that he is in the conversation when he was taken at 27, the 4th CB off the board, works for me. McD’s first draft and first pick, not too shabby...

[yes, I know he passed on Mahomes]

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Robbie Anderson toasted him too

Anderson got 22, 48, and 76 yards against the Bills in his last three games -- I'd hardly call that "toasted."

Edited by thurst44

11 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

Poor assumption considering it's your infatuation with Kay Adams, that led to her assessment of Tre'D'---which is founded on a Week 6 performance---being a topic of discussion.

Even Tre'D' knows that there's more that he has to show, if he's to be considered the 'league's best'.

League's BEST and tier two are ENTIRELY different things. I think we'd all agree he needs to improve if he wants to be considered the league's best. He had a few lapses last season and did not perform as well as he did as a rookie. To be the best, he's going to have to improve his timing and tracking. I'm still putting him firmly in the "tier one" group.

1 hour ago, thurst44 said:

Anderson got 22, 48, and 76 yards against the Bills in his last three games -- I'd hardly call that "toasted."

Your cherry picking stats.  In the game against NYJ at home White was burned on several big catches because he couldn’t cover Anderson.  When it mattered, he was indeed“toasted” by Anderson.  He couldn’t make a play when needed.  Not the same for Anderson.  

Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s very good and that he had an excellent rookie year.  But I’d like to see him have less moments like he had against Anderson before talking about his being the best CB in the league 

Tre is great. Every CB gives up some catches. But I don't think he is an elite CB just yet. Perhaps a better pass rush and another year of experience will let him become elite. 

I was impressed Frazier and McD changed their philosophy and allowed Tre to shadow the best WR.  Hope they continue that next season.

I realize this type of hindsight thinking isn't productive, but can you imagine if we had somehow paid Gilmore the money his agent thought he was worth two years ago? White and Gilmore as your two shutdown CB's would have been a lot of fun...