Terminator : Dark Fate (or Terminator 6)

dpberr

Trailer and article:  Your thoughts?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danidiplacido/2019/05/23/trailer-terminator-dark-fate-promises-to-be-good-this-time/#4bb5d6b6af8d

Besides the obvious over the top political correctness, this movie looks lazy with all the tried and true Terminator tropes...again.  I don't quite understand how any future Terminators exist after the events of T2.  I half expected this movie to follow the clever plot devices of Person of Interest tv show (the Samaritan AI) since the whole "let's send a robot guy to kill that guy" hasn't worked out for them in both movies.  

My guess is since this is the "true" sequel to T2, Schwarzenegger is not playing a Terminator in this movie but the human likeness that the future Terminators are modeled from.  

• Like (+1) 1

I didn’t even know there was a Terminator 4 and 5!  Seems like a cash grab...

22 hours ago, KD in CA said:

*Yawn*

There is nothing ‘6’ ever worth watching.  Terminator ended after 3, and that one was running on fumes.

Usually I’d say yes but Rocky Balboa was very good.  Was the 6th installment in that series 

What the hell did I just look at? What's the market for this movie, Subaru drivers?

Why Hollywood insists on destroying the legacies of good movies is beyond me. 

On 5/24/2019 at 10:49 AM, dpberr said:

I don't quite understand how any future Terminators exist after the events of T2. 

Wasn't there something, either in the end of T2 or one of the other movies, that all they did was delay the start of Skynet? 

If they got Terminator Salvation right they could've salvaged the series like they did with the fourth Jurassic Park movie.  Although with expectations so low it may surprise.  Who knows.  

On 5/27/2019 at 6:49 AM, Doc Brown said:

If they got Terminator Salvation right they could've salvaged the series like they did with the fourth Jurassic Park movie.  Although with expectations so low it may surprise.  Who knows.  

I'm surprised they haven't tried to go that route again with this franchise, showing the future storyline instead of rehashing the lead up to judgement day over and over.  Things at least get a bit more unpredictable in the future, where you no longer know John Connor has to survive the movie so he can lead the future resistance. 

On 5/25/2019 at 11:59 AM, Just Jack said:

Wasn't there something, either in the end of T2 or one of the other movies, that all they did was delay the start of Skynet? 

That was the premise of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines in which the USAF purchased the bankrupt Cyberdyne (after their headquarters blew up and their founder killed) and built all their planned devices based on the Terminator technology from 1984.  (according to the novel)

It's been stated that Terminator 3, 4 and 5 all don't count as canon.  This new movie allegedly takes place after the events of T2 which will require a lot of explanation because all the Terminator technology is destroyed and Miles Dyson is dead.  

3 hours ago, dpberr said:

It's been stated that Terminator 3, 4 and 5 all don't count as canon.  This new movie allegedly takes place after the events of T2 which will require a lot of explanation because all the Terminator technology is destroyed and Miles Dyson is dead. 

And where's John Connor?  He should be well over 40 at this point.  I wonder if they've got something planned with him in the movie and they want to keep him out of trailers for now.

On 5/27/2019 at 5:49 AM, Doc Brown said:

I actually liked Salvation but you're right, it could have completely transformed the franchise.

The television show was promising as well but Fox couldn't market it for *****.

11 hours ago, shrader said:

I'm surprised they haven't tried to go that route again with this franchise, showing the future storyline instead of rehashing the lead up to judgement day over and over.  Things at least get a bit more unpredictable in the future, where you no longer know John Connor has to survive the movie so he can lead the future resistance. 

That was originally the plan as Terminator Salvation was supposed to be the first of a sequel trilogy set in the future.  Apparently there were some legal issues with the production company that scrapped those plans.

12 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

That was originally the plan as Terminator Salvation was supposed to be the first of a sequel trilogy set in the future.  Apparently there were some legal issues with the production company that scrapped those plans.

And apparently they originally planned on killing Conor at the end and then have the human/terminator hybrid guy take on his face.  That would have been... different.

I need to go back and watch that one sometime.  I haven't seen it since theaters but I remember having a positive reaction to it.  But then again, I'm a fan of Bale.

I havent seen anything past 2.... actually I think I saw the 3rd one, but recall nothing from it.

Why dont they pass the torch from Arnold to some other strong-man who is a bit more contemporary and well.... not elderly.  Like The Rock or Roman Reins or something

Edited by May Day 10