Pizza: How Important Is the Outer Crust?

Gugny

Pizza: How Important Is the Outer Crust?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Pizza: How Important Is the Outer Crust?

• It makes or breaks the pizza. A decent pizza can't have average outer crust.
    • The main crust is the most important, but the outer crust is still significantly important.
    • It's all about the main crust. Outer crust isn't even necessary.
    • I hate the outer crust. Usually toss it, or give it to the dog.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Thanks to @Rochesterfan, I have a new development.

Cornicione.  Learn it.  Remember it.

What is a Pizza Cornicione?

Simply put, cornicione means ‘crust’. However, in the States, as well as in Britain, the pizza crust is often a term used to refer to the whole base.

Cornicione means a very specific part of this base, namely the outer rim or lip. The Italian origins of the name hint that it is a component of Italian pizzas. This is correct. They are commonly found on Neapolitan style pizzas. 

This is for all of you people, namely @Beerball, who contend that "the crust is the same throughout the pizza.  'TAIN'T!!!

https://na-pizza.com/pizza-cornicione/

And with THAT .... the defense rests.

This ***** thread again?

Also your source is a wordpress site whose tagline is "making pizza fun."  Bruh

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Thanks to @Rochesterfan, I have a new development.

Cornicione.  Learn it.  Remember it.

What is a Pizza Cornicione?

Simply put, cornicione means ‘crust’. However, in the States, as well as in Britain, the pizza crust is often a term used to refer to the whole base.

Cornicione means a very specific part of this base, namely the outer rim or lip. The Italian origins of the name hint that it is a component of Italian pizzas. This is correct. They are commonly found on Neapolitan style pizzas. 

This is for all of you people, namely @Beerball, who contend that "the crust is the same throughout the pizza.  'TAIN'T!!!

https://na-pizza.com/pizza-cornicione/

And with THAT .... the defense rests.

In english we call it “the handle”. It’s only meant to be eaten if you are having pizza on a desert island and no other source of food is available since you’ve run out of coconuts. Even Gilligan knows that! 

On 5/23/2019 at 6:07 PM, Gugny said:

There was a brutal debate earlier in the Shout Box about pizza crust.

Harsh words were said.  One person was told he was dumb.  I've never seen so many insults in all my years here.

But ... I digress ....

Pizza.  Most of us love it.  All of us have our favorites.  Some idiots even like pineapple on theirs .... not that there's anything wrong with that.

But I'm here to talk about THE CRUST.  Specifically, the OUTER CRUST.

I love the outer crust.  Sure the main crust, to me, is probably most important.  But only a well-made pizza has a decent outer crust.

I'm interested to know what you think about this topic.

And please .... be careful with your words.  Once you hit ENTER, you can't take them back.

And remember ... when the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie .... that's amore, my friends.

The savages in my house hate the outer crust.  This fact and beer are two of the main reasons I am fat.  The outer crust is essential unless youre a communist and hate America.

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Is this more accurate?

Pretty much.

Although if there are some nasty mushrooms and olives disfiguring a perfectly good pie, they typically end up flying through the air so she can shag flies. :D

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.