Pizza: How Important Is the Outer Crust?

Gugny

Pizza: How Important Is the Outer Crust?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Pizza: How Important Is the Outer Crust?

• It makes or breaks the pizza. A decent pizza can't have average outer crust.
    • The main crust is the most important, but the outer crust is still significantly important.
    • It's all about the main crust. Outer crust isn't even necessary.
    • I hate the outer crust. Usually toss it, or give it to the dog.

• 1 month later...

I'm not reading through this entire thread.

But the crust is essential. A Brown is correct, if the crust sucks the toppings don't really matter. But I don't believe a pizza HAS to have an outer, unsauced crust. I've had some that have huge outer crusts and were great. Some sauced all the way to the edge, that were great. 

But  putting tons of toppings on a pizza has never appealed to me.

16 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I'm not reading through this entire thread.

But the crust is essential. A Brown is correct, if the crust sucks the toppings don't really matter. But I don't believe a pizza HAS to have an outer, unsauced crust. I've had some that have huge outer crusts and were great. Some sauced all the way to the edge, that were great. 

But  putting tons of toppings on a pizza has never appealed to me.

You sir are an artisan.   The crust is by far the most critical element of a pizza.  I do prefer an outer crust that is plain.  The sourdough or Italian taste of the crust has to come through for as many bites as possible for me.  Corn bread sounds appealing.

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

You sir are an artisan.   The crust is by far the most critical element of a pizza.  I do prefer an outer crust that is plain.  The sourdough or Italian taste of the crust has to come through for as many bites as possible for me.  Corn bread sounds appealing.

Cornmeal on the stone/brick makes a great surface for baking the pizza!

• 10 months later...
Just now, Gugny said:

@BringBackFergy - Thank you.

BringBackFergyToday 10:25 AM

@Gugny The toppings and sauce are fantastic but (gulp - I hate to agree with you) the outer crust is the best part of Harvest pizza....

Before you rush off to the Men’s room for self gratification, please know: I agreed with you in this one instance and for this one pizza joint. Now continue patting yourself on the....back. 

18 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Before you rush off to the Men’s room for self gratification, please know: I agreed with you in this one instance and for this one pizza joint. Now continue patting yourself on the....back. 

So it's accurate to say that the outer crust of the pizza is the most important ... is that a true statement?  Yes or no, please.

Edited by Gugny

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

So it's accurate to say that the outer crust of the pizza is the most important ... is that a true statement?  Yes or no, please.

You know that the ONLY truth is that you make BBQ sauce, with BBQ sauce.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Who's  the horse's ovary that bumped  this abortion.  Let me guess.  LoL...

Well, I mean, if you just look up, you can find the own answer to your unnecessary question.  But don't let me get in the way of your pathetic lamping.  LoL...

Just now, Gugny said:

Well, I mean, if you just look up, you can find the own answer to your unnecessary question.  But don't let me get in the way of your pathetic lamping.  LoL...

LoL... I know.  Just busting your... 

@Gugny Master of the "Turnbuckle  LAMP."

Somehow I got caught  lamping.  LMAO.  

? ? 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Your lawyering tactics don't work on me mister!! That's a BS question. I'll re-phrase your question:

"So it's accurate to say that the outer crust of the HARVEST pizza is the most important ... is that a true statement?  Yes or no, please."

The answer is "Yes, for the Harvest pizza, yes...I did it!! Are you happy?"

3 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Your lawyering tactics don't work on me mister!! That's a BS question. I'll re-phrase your question:

"So it's accurate to say that the outer crust of the HARVEST pizza is the most important ... is that a true statement?  Yes or no, please."

Stick to the facts, ma'am.  One more outburst like that and I'll hold you in contempt.

9 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

What the hell is HARVEST pizza ? ?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.