Pizza: How Important Is the Outer Crust?

Gugny

Pizza: How Important Is the Outer Crust?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Pizza: How Important Is the Outer Crust?

• It makes or breaks the pizza. A decent pizza can't have average outer crust.
    • The main crust is the most important, but the outer crust is still significantly important.
    • It's all about the main crust. Outer crust isn't even necessary.
    • I hate the outer crust. Usually toss it, or give it to the dog.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

The hand-held pizza pot pie! 

Bagel Bites are all about the crust, I cook the bejeezus out of them for extra crunch! A little Texas Pete on top and you’ve got something! 

How low have you sunk, man?!?!

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I have never touched drugs so never high.  Please do not imply I have if you want to have a civil conversation.

So you don’t drink coffee but you smear feces on a guy’s seat who stands in front of you at a game? Let’s talk civility. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On Friday, May 24, 2019 at 1:11 PM, teef said:

crust is just one of those things.  it's such a personal choice.  i've been on the thin crust train for a long time, so i'm not an expert.  for me it's consistency.  if it's not cooked enough or ends up being too chewy, you can throw that ***** in the trash.  for those of us in rochester, there's a chain in pontillos in the area.  for some reason, most of them have become terrible.  there is one however in the bushnells basin area that's magical.  it was our go to.  the last two times we've ordered, i'm not sure if they rushed the pizza, but it was far under cooked.  they're now dead to me.

edit:  oh...to answer, the inner crust to me is more important.  if it doesn't hold the cheese, sauce, and toppings, (the money part of the pizza) it's useless.  i typically don't finish the outer crust on any pizza.

That's disappointing to read that the Bushnell's Pontillos went downhill.  They were waaaaaay better than the typical Pontillos.

J&L's always was better IMHO, but the Bushnell's Pontillos was a good change of pace.

Neither can touch the wife's homemade pizza.  The sauce is too good.

13 minutes ago, Taro T said:

That's disappointing to read that the Bushnell's Pontillos went downhill.  They were waaaaaay better than the typical Pontillos.

J&L's always was better IMHO, but the Bushnell's Pontillos was a good change of pace.

Neither can touch the wife's homemade pizza.  The sauce is too good.

Im-confident---meme.jpg

LMAO... Sorry, J/K Taro... Bet the wife's sauce is awesome!

Blame @/dev/null we're locked in a China-Trump Trade War-esque "meme war!"  The memes are flowing!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Im-confident---meme.jpg

LMAO... Sorry, J/K Taro... Bet the wife's sauce is awesome!

Blame @/dev/null we're locked in a China-Trump Trade War-esque "meme war!"  The memes are flowing!

I was afraid this might be a Kraft prelude. I want no part of THAT! 

• Haha (+1) 1

On the subject of pizza etiquette; I feel that I'm compelled to relive the horrors of yesterday evening.

On Friday evening, I watched the future mother of my children do something unthinkable. First off, she ordered a vegetable-heavy pizza which includes the middle portion of the base being cut out and replaced with salad. She then ate it with a knife and fork, like a complete and utter psychopath.

There's no chance that I can marry this woman after that, surely.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

On the subject of pizza etiquette; I feel that I'm compelled to relive the horrors of yesterday evening.

On Friday evening, I watched the future mother of my children do something unthinkable. First off, she ordered a vegetable-heavy pizza which includes the middle portion of the base being cut out and replaced with salad. She then ate it with a knife and fork, like a complete and utter psychopath.

Maybe this is just to provide some balance in your life? Extreme? Yes, I’ll give you that, but maybe it’s what you personally require? 

That’s all I got.......

43 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

Run.  Fast and far.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.