Pizza: How Important Is the Outer Crust?

Gugny

Pizza: How Important Is the Outer Crust?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Pizza: How Important Is the Outer Crust?

• It makes or breaks the pizza. A decent pizza can't have average outer crust.
    • The main crust is the most important, but the outer crust is still significantly important.
    • It's all about the main crust. Outer crust isn't even necessary.
    • I hate the outer crust. Usually toss it, or give it to the dog.

19 minutes ago, SDS said:

Live view of Gugny's lunch. Just like his mom used to make.

pbj_crust.jpg

While I do enjoy the entire sandwich, the crust of the bread is, indeed, the best part of the bread.  In fact, whether it's Italian, French, sourdough, farmbread, rye, pumpernickel or any other kind of bread - the two heels are the best parts of the entire loaf.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, SDS said:

Live view of Gugny's lunch. Just like his mom used to make.

pbj_crust.jpg

He wasn’t her favorite. There really isn’t any doubt.

21 minutes ago, Doc said:

The "outer" crust is useless empty carbs.  If some enjoy it, great.  I either give it to my wife or toss it.

It isn’t useless, that’s the handle for your pizza.

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

While I do enjoy the entire sandwich, the crust of the bread is, indeed, the best part of the bread.  In fact, whether it's Italian, French, sourdough, farmbread, rye, pumpernickel or any other kind of bread - the two heels are the best parts of the entire loaf.

And all these years I’ve been throwing the best driest, crumbliest part of the loaf away. Who know?

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You really ARE my brother from another mother.

:o

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You ever make a sandwich with two end pieces??

Just now, Bray Wyatt said:

You ever make a sandwich with two end pieces??

I may have, if they were the last two remaining pieces.  But I normally only use one of the ends as the top.

Just now, Gugny said:

I may have, if they were the last two remaining pieces.  But I normally only use one of the ends as the top.

When I was a kid, to prevent anyone else from getting the end pieces, I would make a sandwich with both ends. Was kind of a pain to get the other end, but if I couldnt have it, no one else could lol

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, KD in CA said:

For a second there I thought you were going to say "stuffed crust" and I was going to be forced to take out a contract hit on you.

Image result for damn right gif

13 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I only eat the crusts on stuffed crust pizzas. 

We have a problem?

Image result for ol dirty bastard gif

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

This is an Edwardo's (Natural) Chicago Deep Dish. I guess the edge is "outer."

20081126EdwardsoWholePizza.jpg

I like the Edwardo's stuffed:

09-wd0709-chicago-style-stuffed-pizza-2.

180°...Chicago Thin (or cracker) Crust:

41703-sfs-chicago-thin-crust-pizza-22

https://steemit.com/food/@rulesforrebels/the-biggest-myth-about-chicago-pizza-or-true-chicago-pizza-is-tavern-cut-thin-crust-not-deep-dish

pizza.jpg

With all due respect, Mr. Osuch, get that deep-dish pizza crap off my TBD please.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Augie said:

I only eat the outer crust if I’m still a little hungry. Something to chew on, but it’s got to be worthy! A lousy doughy outer edge crust I won’t even touch. 

Out here they actually put squeeze bottles of honey on the tables for the outer crust, to give you an idea of how bad it is

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, coloradobillsfan said:

Out here they actually put squeeze bottles of honey on the tables for the outer crust, to give you an idea of how bad it is

I have a very large picture (24" x 60") of Red Rocks above my couch.

I want to live in Colorado someday.......SPECIFICALLY in Golden. 

However, after reading what you said, I'm rethinking things.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.