Pizza: How Important Is the Outer Crust?

Gugny

Pizza: How Important Is the Outer Crust?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Pizza: How Important Is the Outer Crust?

• It makes or breaks the pizza. A decent pizza can't have average outer crust.
    • The main crust is the most important, but the outer crust is still significantly important.
    • It's all about the main crust. Outer crust isn't even necessary.
    • I hate the outer crust. Usually toss it, or give it to the dog.

As I said in the shoutbox, if the crust isn't good, the pizza isn't good.  But, there's no reason to say the outer crust is the best/most important part.

Just now, GoBills808 said:

It's the second most important part of the pizza imo. First is assuring an appropriate amount of pineapple/square inch.

***** Hawaiians, who invited them?

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

For a second there I thought you were going to say "stuffed crust" and I was going to be forced to take out a contract hit on you.

STUFFED CRUST!!!

There, I said it! But technically, shouldn’t you go after Gugny? I mean, this is all his fault....he started it.....he had to know this would happen. 

My son used to get “pies” from Jett Pizza with chicken, BBQ sauce, pineapple, ham, jalapeños, red onions and other veggies plus other things that made it unrecognizable as a pizza. I refuse to go to them for anything after that sacrilege. 

Once you put BBQ sauce on a pizza, you have something else! 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

My son used to get “pies” from Jett Pizza with chicken, BBQ sauce, pineapple, ham, jalapeños, red onions and other veggies plus other things that made it unrecognizable as a pizza. I refuse to go to them for anything after that sacrilege. 

Once you put BBQ sauce on a pizza, you have something else! 

Tomato sauce, bacon, jalapeno, pineapple is the correct way to make that pie

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Tomato sauce, bacon, jalapeno, pineapple is the correct way to make that pie

I could live with that....if you take it all out to the edge. 

BBQ sauce? That’s almost ranch with your wings.  :sick:

Listen . My opinion is the only one that matters. I’m an expert , a buffalonian , and a hardcore pizza lover 

if you dont have a good crust or outer crust you ain’t got ****

topping don’t matter if your base is ****

Dough , sauce + cheese make a pie

• Like (+1) 1

There are no “outer” and “main” crusts.  It is all one and the same.  Some people do not eat the “outer” crust, their loss.  The crust is critical to a good pizza.  Ever eat one that is soggy or flimsy and it matters little what else is there.

58 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

i've heard of New York pizza, Chicago pizza, Midwest pizza, Pittsburgh pizza, Detroit pizza, and California pizza

But never West Virginia pizza :unsure:

Chicago and California pizza are crap.

If I see you use a damn knife and fork to eat a pizza I'm judging.

Order pasta and sauce with some cheese if you're gonna pull that crap.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Butter and some seasoning.... that's all you need to transform that boring outer crust into a pizza meal's happy ending.

Who knew it was that easy! If only Krafty had taken the easy route to the happy ending.....

We’d have missed out on a lot of fun! 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Augie said:

I only eat the outer crust if I’m still a little hungry. Something to chew on, but it’s got to be worthy! A lousy doughy outer edge crust I won’t even touch. 

Ditto. For a bigger guy like me who’s trying to stretch out every last calorie, I’ll leave the outer crust be for the sake of another bite of all the fixin’s instead—great, now I’m starving for some pizza...btw, in my single days a slice or 3 of cold pizza was a heck of a breakfast after a bender, but I digress :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Chicago and California pizza are crap.

If I see you use a damn knife and fork to eat a pizza I'm judging.

Order pasta and sauce with some cheese if you're gonna pull that crap.

I had such high hopes for the 1st deep dish Chicago pizza I ever tried in Chicago, and was sorely disappointed...a flim flam hot mess (almost watery red sauce marinating a gooey doughy Mt. Vesuvius) that I don’t care to repeat—yes I will join you ol dirty in judging away as to that “pizza” atrocity. 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.