Is There Any Position That The Bills Got Worse In The Offseason?

Irv

8 hours ago, Pbomb said:

You don’t think gore, yeldon, and singletary is an upgrade over Ivory?

If I had to choose a position, yes, this would be it. 

McCoy is a year older. Regardless of how we THINK he may bounce back, the truth remains he had his worst year ever. The front office and McD remain firmly behind Shady. So my perspective is that he'll receive a majority of the work in the backfield. So he is not a upgrade in any way to his previous form. 

Yeldon is not going to be a major factor at all. He will be fighting for touches. There are only so many to go around. Between McCoy (who will see majority), Gore and the rookie, he may not even be active on some games.

Singletary, as previously mentioned, is a 3rd round rookie. He is far from a sure thing. As of this moment he is no better or worse than any RB on the team this year, or last. I can't say he is an upgrade if he's never played a snap of meaningful NFL ball. Again the question here remains, will he be active each game?

Gore is the strength of your argument here. He is a HOF player, but he no doubt offers little upside aside from short yardage, pass pro and a veteran presence. I don't see him as a major impact player, no more statistically relevant than Ivory or Mike Tolbert the year before him. 

It all comes down to McCoy exceeding his production last year. He IS the running back position. So until they can prove he is better than last year, or they find a successful way to replace him, I don't see it as upgraded. They're old, injury prone, one dimensional or inexperienced. 

P.s. yes, I know I'm being harsh and critical. Like I said earlier, I don't think they're any worse off I was just making an argument for why I don't think they're necessarily more talented at RB

28 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

If I had to choose a position, yes, this would be it. 

McCoy is a year older. Regardless of how we THINK he may bounce back, the truth remains he had his worst year ever. The front office and McD remain firmly behind Shady. So my perspective is that he'll receive a majority of the work in the backfield. So he is not a upgrade in any way to his previous form. 

Yeldon is not going to be a major factor at all. He will be fighting for touches. There are only so many to go around. Between McCoy (who will see majority), Gore and the rookie, he may not even be active on some games.

Singletary, as previously mentioned, is a 3rd round rookie. He is far from a sure thing. As of this moment he is no better or worse than any RB on the team this year, or last. I can't say he is an upgrade if he's never played a snap of meaningful NFL ball. Again the question here remains, will he be active each game?

Gore is the strength of your argument here. He is a HOF player, but he no doubt offers little upside aside from short yardage, pass pro and a veteran presence. I don't see him as a major impact player, no more statistically relevant than Ivory or Mike Tolbert the year before him. 

It all comes down to McCoy exceeding his production last year. He IS the running back position. So until they can prove he is better than last year, or they find a successful way to replace him, I don't see it as upgraded. They're old, injury prone, one dimensional or inexperienced. 

P.s. yes, I know I'm being harsh and critical. Like I said earlier, I don't think they're any worse off I was just making an argument for why I don't think they're necessarily more talented at RB

The question was did they get worse?  You say McCoy had his worst year ever, and you dont say you expect him to have an even worse year this year.  So they're not worse thos year than they were last year so far as McCoy is concerned. 

Gore was better than Ivory last year (and every other year) and should be this year.  And the Bills were bad at #3 running back last year, so Singleyary just has to be breathing to be equal to that.  

And Yeldon.  

You actually think that group is worse tha. Last year?

Its absolutely clear on paper the Bills are not worse at running back than last year.  It's impossible to answer the question on actuality until they play, so on paper is all we can talk about.  

Edited by Shaw66
  • Like (+1) 2

On 5/23/2019 at 4:49 PM, BubbaT said:

Can we watch a real game first before  commenting? All they are now are names on paper and projections from past performance. No idea how they shake out this year. 

Do you have any idea about the purpose of a fan site like this during the off-season?

Edited by BobChalmers

15 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

The question was did they get worse?  You say McCoy had his worst year ever, and you dont say you expect him to have an even worse year this year.  So they're not worse thos year than they were last year so far as McCoy is concerned. 

Gore was better than Ivory last year (and every other year) and should be this year.  And the Bills were bad at #3 running back last year, so Singleyary just has to be breathing to be equal to that.  

And Yeldon.  

You actually think that group is worse tha. Last year?

Its absolutely clear on paper the Bills are not worse at running back than last year.  It's impossible to answer the question on actuality until they play, so on paper is all we can talk about.  

How do you predict the rushing carries will be  split? Gore had more carries that McCoy last year. Do you think that happens this year? 

If McCoy if the focal point of their rushing game, then no, they didn't get any better at RB this year. 

I get your argument man. I said three times not, the post was just for arguement's sake. If I had to pick, this would be it because I don't see where else it could be 

20 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

We've gotten weaker at negative poster.  This board doesn't have depth at that position that we had a year ago.  Free agency and the draft actually weakened us there. 

Infinitely improved with Yolo being the main guy on reporting scoops and info.

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

How do you predict the rushing carries will be  split? Gore had more carries that McCoy last year. Do you think that happens this year? 

If McCoy if the focal point of their rushing game, then no, they didn't get any better at RB this year. 

I get your argument man. I said three times not, the post was just for arguement's sake. If I had to pick, this would be it because I don't see where else it could be 

The running game should be improved with a better OL and Brown and Foster taking CB's and S's out of the box.  And if Gore (or Singletary) proves to be the better RB, he'll probably play more.

• Like (+1) 2