Is There Any Position That The Bills Got Worse In The Offseason?

Irv

I really can't think of one.  Maybe it's a sign of the prior years purges and the team sucked last year, but I think we have a GM that knows what he is doing. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Excellent and positive observation.  Every year it is usually named= the positions were we need to fill holes.  We have a LOT of competition in a lot of areas, RB, WR, O Line, and TE.

I hate to say this but outside linebackers are a concern for me. Lorax isn't getting any younger and Milano coming off an injury scares me and we dont have much behind them.  

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

TE is worse with Clay gone. You could argue D Line with Williams retiring. 

Other than that,  we have improved. Beane sacrificed last year for results this year and in the future. Of course he knows what’s he’s doing. 

• Like (+1) 2

It does not appear that way. I suppose the tight end and DE spots are yet to be determined. May take team time to operate as a cohesive unit due to high turnover.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 2

The DBs were excellent last year and they're not really old but they're not youngsters either.  If anything someone back there might lose a step.  Maybe this won't happen and this is just looking for problems where there aren't really any.

18 minutes ago, Chill said:

Other than that,  we have improved. Beane sacrificed last year for results this year and in the future. Of course he knows what’s he’s doing. 

If Knox turns out to be the player Beane thinks he will be it is a one step back before two steps forward

15 minutes ago, Chill said:

Remember that we are talking about 2018.  Not what a player has been throughout his entire career.

Charles Clay was terrible last year.  Absolutely no separation, hands of stone and nothing after the catch.

I don't think we missed anything when he was out of the lineup and Jason Croom was playing.  So honestly, it could be argued that Lee Smith is an upgrade over last year's Clay.  He is a better blocker, and his pass catching couldn't be worse than what Clay offered in 2018. 

In the same way, Kyle Williams also took a step back in 2018.  At least in the pass rushing department, you just didn't see the consistent burst off the line.  He wasn't a liability.  But he wasn't his normal Pro-Bowl self either.  I don't think it's unrealistic for Ed Oliver to give us similar results as a rookie.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Leadership wise we got worse with Kyle leaving.  But the DLine got better with Oliver added from an ability standpoint.  The ability and speed this guy has is top notch.  Upgrade over Kyle in that regard.  We will see how it pans out. 

As for LB's,  We upgraded from where we were last season at the end of the year.  Milano healthy and another year for our Very young MLB will help this along.  

TE is upgraded, even with Kroft injured (who knows how he would have been) but Dixon I think will be a stud.  I think we have too many people sleeping on just how good this kid will be.  And Adding Smith as a blocking TE brings it up as well.

RB's is better because we got better at the OLine significantly.  With Morris being the key to it all.  We could put an Avg RB as a starter and with a good Oline, he will be having good numbers.  

39 minutes ago, Chill said:

image.jpeg.008a3299b6442eb5b32273a3fd60ff2f.jpeg

Worse huh?

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 1

Can we watch a real game first before  commenting? All they are now are names on paper and projections from past performance. No idea how they shake out this year. 

Edited by BubbaT
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

I think we'll struggle at the DE position; we have Hughes and Shaq Lawson - which until proven otherwise is still largely potential.  And after that, not much..  The DTs are going to have to be better than last year to get a good edge rush.

• Like (+1) 1