Lee Smith Contract details

#Bills TE Lee Smith's 3-year deal is worth $9m with $4.9m fully gtd--2-year structure (year 1: $1.9m base, $1.5m 5/15 RB; year 2: $1m of base, $500k RB).  They had a lot of competition for him, which might help to explain the strong guarantees.

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I was just about to type that.

When we need to go vertical with TE's......we can use Knox......Smith provides the veteran presense.

Heard Chris Brown say today on OBL that Croom looked really good and seemed to have a good rapport with JA. Don't count him out.

1 minute ago, TPS said:

Heard Chris Brown say today on OBL that Croom looked really good and seemed to have a good rapport with JA. Don't count him out.

The problem with Croom is he cant block a lick.....he is an oversized WR.

I want to see this running game take off again and that will really help Allen as well.....I think we drafted a TE high in this draft for a reason.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The problem with Croom is he cant block a lick.....he is an oversized WR.

I want to see this running game take off again and that will really help Allen as well.....I think we drafted a TE high in this draft for a reason.

Yes, he is a converted WR, so I'm sure the blocking aspect will take time.

I don't think he's the long-term answer, but I like him as the 3rd TE.  They had to draft someone because Clay was let go and Kroft has questions about his durability, which was recently answered...?

11 minutes ago, TPS said:

Yes, he is a converted WR, so I'm sure the blocking aspect will take time.

I don't think he's the long-term answer, but I like him as the 3rd TE.  They had to draft someone because Clay was let go and Kroft has questions about his durability, which was recently answered...?

Not ready to give up on Kroft just yet.....

14 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

Seriously?? you care?

People have to say this at least once in every thread.

You’d think they’re being billed by the thread around here. Why anyone would care enough to waste their time ‘alerting’ the masses is beyond me. It’s a football message board.