Meme thread. Try not to be a choad and don't post dirty stuff so this thing can continue.

Pine Barrens Mafia

On 6/22/2019 at 11:52 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Charisma is being able to sell a tomato-based fruit salad.

And actually, one of my favorite restaurants does just that. 

Black Diamond watermelon, homegrown tomato, fresh mozzarella, basil, and balsamic.

It's quite delicious!

We had a little get together last night for my wife’s birthday.  I was on the grill and making summer martinis, and she was making appetizers.

She did these watermelon wedges topped with a few crumbles of Roquefort, a few drops of good balsamic, and a sprinkle of sea salt.  They were a hit!  Never thought watermelon and blue cheese would go together.

10 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

We had a little get together last night for my wife’s birthday.  I was on the grill and making summer martinis, and she was making appetizers.

She did these watermelon wedges topped with a few crumbles of Roquefort, a few drops of good balsamic, and a sprinkle of sea salt.  They were a hit!  Never thought watermelon and blue cheese would go together.

Oh, that sounds good!  I'm going to try that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Must have been strong drinks...??

9 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I have no doubt the melon and cheese was a hit. Maybe even something I could enjoy.

But I am far more intrigued by the 'summer martini'. Me and wifey have a stable of go-to drinks but always looking for the next best thing.

11 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I have no doubt the melon and cheese was a hit. Maybe even something I could enjoy.

But I am far more intrigued by the 'summer martini'. Me and wifey have a stable of go-to drinks but always looking for the next best thing.

I was doing fruit and herb.  This time it was strawberry and basil or grapefruit and mint.  Muddle the fruit and herb together lightly and then shake up with Tito’s and a whisper of vermouth.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I am so close to violating my personal ethos of never reporting anyone... Oh so close!  Don't push me!  ?

There's nothing reportable about this.  Not even close, actually.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.