Comin’ from the guy who wouldn’t tackle

you are confusing the roles of CB and safety in the NFL

try harder...

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

when Tebow hit full speed

Revis ran for the sidelines to avoid it

try harder...

No, you try harder- corners hit also- see Antoine Winfield. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, purple haze said:

Simple advice is often times the best advice. Tre White is already a professional football player.  He's already had success.  He already knows techniques, etc.  Mindset can take players to the next level.  Prime spoke of mindset.  Read between the lines.  "Product knowledge" takes time.  It's not acquired quickly.  What has to be sacrificed in order to study opponents in-depth or offensive coordinators?  What has to be sacrificed in order to maintain physical ability.  Like film study, maximizing one's physique takes focus.  If you're plate is always empty you're always working.

..and that is this kid's moxy........hardly needs the pontificating Neon Deion to remind him....good call bud.....:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

Winfield was a safety? I'm confused.

Winfield was a corner drafted by the Bills out of Ohio State.

Played some great ball for us and then went on to play great for the Vikes... Age caught up to him and he was released by Minnesota and spent maybe a season with the Seahawks not sure.

Either way retired now and I don't think he was ever asked to play safety.

23 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Played some great ball for us and then went on to play great for the Vikes... Age caught up to him and he was released by Minnesota and spent maybe a season with the Seahawks not sure.

I was being 100% facetious. Winfield is one of my all time favorite players and one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Lucky enough to run into him on a number of occasions. The polar opposite of what you'd expect considering he was a bad*** on the field. I was responding to a post that seemed to insinuate he played safety.

23 hours ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Winfield. 

I think Clements liked hitting more. Winfield was just such an amazing tackler in terms of almost never missing them. 

Not always hard, but always bringing the guy down and coming up and making ths play close to the line or immediately when the play is in his vicinty.

They were great together.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I was being 100% facetious. Winfield is one of my all time favorite players and one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Lucky enough to run into him on a number of occasions. The polar opposite of what you'd expect considering he was a bad*** on the field. I was responding to a post that seemed to insinuate he played safety.

My mistake...did not pick up on the sarcasm.

It's all good.

Winfield and Pat Williams turned in a lot of good games for Minnesota, kind of irritated me that my Bills seemed like some sort of NFL farm team for them.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, WideNine said:

I think he was being sarcastic as Winfield was a hard hitting, sure tacklin’ corner with attributes of both a corner and safety.

• Like (+1) 1

Tre should come to the Binghamton Beast House if Coverage school I have. Many top CB’s like Doug Schwartz and Stewart Miller have attended and look at what it did for them.

Deion Sanders? Pfffffffff.....

Edited by Binghamton Beast

On 5/23/2019 at 12:45 PM, bigdogtim said:

At least he didn't encourage him to wear those ugly hats that Neon Deion used to wear.

I was just glad he did not give fashion advice and did not try to give advice on tackling since Tre' already can tackle.

4 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Sanders or Beebe?

And Sanders had to horse collar Beebe to bring him down.

Sanders. Beebe was fast, but Sanders closes on him in a hurry. I don't like the horse collar.

Edited by Rocket94

On 5/24/2019 at 11:06 AM, row_33 said:

try harder...

dude, take a seat

there are great CB's who tackle well, as a matter of fact they are expected to, although many don't do it well of course

You are going to be running a pretty bad D if you tell your corners its not their role

Clements was another great tackler from the Bills

On 5/23/2019 at 3:00 PM, Peace Frog said:

There's no denying the talent and physical skills of Deion Sanders.  However, I lost all respect for him during this game.

Atlanta Falcons at Buffalo Bills

November 22, 1992
Rich Stadium, Orchard Park, NY

1 2 3 4 Total
Atlanta Falcons (4-7) 0 7 0 7 14
Buffalo Bills (9-2) 28 10 0 3 41

Scoring Summary

1st Quarter Atl Buf
Buf 4:00 Carwell Gardner 2 run (Steve Christie Kick) 0 7
Buf 8:11 Pete Metzelaars 3 pass from Jim Kelly (Steve Christie Kick) 0 14
Buf 10:25 Andre Reed 15 pass from Jim Kelly (Steve Christie Kick) 0 21
Buf 14:33 Kenneth Davis 1 run (Steve Christie Kick) 0 28
2nd Quarter Atl Buf
Buf 1:02 Kenneth Davis 64 run (Steve Christie Kick) 0 35
Buf 14:33 FG Steve Christie 47 0 38
Atl 14:48 D.Sanders 73 kickoff return on lateral from T.Smith (Norm Johnson Kick) 7 38
4th Quarter Atl Buf
Buf 3:09 FG Steve Christie 18 7 41
Atl 13:54 Drew Hill 1 pass from Wade Wilson (Norm Johnson Kick) 14 41

Deion Sanders returns a lateral from a Steve Christie squib kickoff for a TD right before halftime to give Atlanta their first points of the game.  The Falcons were having their butts handed to them by us at that point in the game but he does his little 'vogue strut' to the end zone as he runs by the final Bills player (Steve Christie) for the score.  I don't know why but it just reeked of 'Look at me, look at me!' and as such, I found it quite selfish and annoying.  You can watch it in all its nauseating glory at the 4:31 mark in the video below.  

I love Deion

• Like (+1) 1