Deion Sanders' advice for Tre' White

There's no denying the talent and physical skills of Deion Sanders.  However, I lost all respect for him during this game.

Atlanta Falcons at Buffalo Bills

November 22, 1992
Rich Stadium, Orchard Park, NY

1 2 3 4 Total
Atlanta Falcons (4-7) 0 7 0 7 14
Buffalo Bills (9-2) 28 10 0 3 41

Scoring Summary

1st Quarter Atl Buf
Buf 4:00 Carwell Gardner 2 run (Steve Christie Kick) 0 7
Buf 8:11 Pete Metzelaars 3 pass from Jim Kelly (Steve Christie Kick) 0 14
Buf 10:25 Andre Reed 15 pass from Jim Kelly (Steve Christie Kick) 0 21
Buf 14:33 Kenneth Davis 1 run (Steve Christie Kick) 0 28
2nd Quarter Atl Buf
Buf 1:02 Kenneth Davis 64 run (Steve Christie Kick) 0 35
Buf 14:33 FG Steve Christie 47 0 38
Atl 14:48 D.Sanders 73 kickoff return on lateral from T.Smith (Norm Johnson Kick) 7 38
4th Quarter Atl Buf
Buf 3:09 FG Steve Christie 18 7 41
Atl 13:54 Drew Hill 1 pass from Wade Wilson (Norm Johnson Kick) 14 41

Deion Sanders returns a lateral from a Steve Christie squib kickoff for a TD right before halftime to give Atlanta their first points of the game.  The Falcons were having their butts handed to them by us at that point in the game but he does his little 'vogue strut' to the end zone as he runs by the final Bills player (Steve Christie) for the score.  I don't know why but it just reeked of 'Look at me, look at me!' and as such, I found it quite selfish and annoying.  You can watch it in all its nauseating glory at the 4:31 mark in the video below.  

Edited by Peace Frog
  • Like (+1) 1

On extra points - start walking off the field prior to the kick.  Hissy punch other players.  Throw water on the head of the baseball announcer.  Oh.  And stay classy! 

3 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

Seems kinda generic advice.

Simple advice is often times the best advice. Tre White is already a professional football player.  He's already had success.  He already knows techniques, etc.  Mindset can take players to the next level.  Prime spoke of mindset.  Read between the lines.  "Product knowledge" takes time.  It's not acquired quickly.  What has to be sacrificed in order to study opponents in-depth or offensive coordinators?  What has to be sacrificed in order to maintain physical ability.  Like film study, maximizing one's physique takes focus.  If you're plate is always empty you're always working.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

There's no denying the talent and physical skills of Deion Sanders.  However, I lost all respect for him during this game.

Atlanta Falcons at Buffalo Bills

November 22, 1992
Rich Stadium, Orchard Park, NY

1 2 3 4 Total
Atlanta Falcons (4-7) 0 7 0 7 14
Buffalo Bills (9-2) 28 10 0 3 41

Scoring Summary

1st Quarter Atl Buf
Buf 4:00 Carwell Gardner 2 run (Steve Christie Kick) 0 7
Buf 8:11 Pete Metzelaars 3 pass from Jim Kelly (Steve Christie Kick) 0 14
Buf 10:25 Andre Reed 15 pass from Jim Kelly (Steve Christie Kick) 0 21
Buf 14:33 Kenneth Davis 1 run (Steve Christie Kick) 0 28
2nd Quarter Atl Buf
Buf 1:02 Kenneth Davis 64 run (Steve Christie Kick) 0 35
Buf 14:33 FG Steve Christie 47 0 38
Atl 14:48 D.Sanders 73 kickoff return on lateral from T.Smith (Norm Johnson Kick) 7 38
4th Quarter Atl Buf
Buf 3:09 FG Steve Christie 18 7 41
Atl 13:54 Drew Hill 1 pass from Wade Wilson (Norm Johnson Kick) 14 41

Deion Sanders returns a lateral from a Steve Christie squib kickoff for a TD right before halftime to give Atlanta their first points of the game.  The Falcons were having their butts handed to them by us at that point in the game but he does his little 'vogue strut' to the end zone as he runs by the final Bills player (Steve Christie) for the score.  I don't know why but it just reeked of 'Look at me, look at me!' and as such, I found it quite selfish and annoying.  You can watch it in all its nauseating glory at the 4:31 mark in the video below.  

Despite the enormity of the Falcons getting waxed, he does this.

3 hours ago, SMAKCruiser said:

Does anyone have that video from the late 80s where Don Beebe is returning a punt going full speed racing towards the endzone and Deion runs him down?

Same game he ran down Thurman and Kenneth Davis from the other side of the field. I think it was 93.