Which trade do you prefer?

Which trade do you prefer?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the 3 trades (all mentioned in the media in the past 2 days) do you prefer? L'veon Bell, Jadeveon Clowney, Kyle Rudolph (multiple choices allowed)

• Le'Veon Bell (13 mill guaranteed) for 2020 2nd rounder + 5th rounder (or Shady in place of 5th rounder)
    • Jadeveon Clowney (say, 50 million guaranteed) for 2020 2nd rounder + 4th rounder
    • Kyle Rudolph (one year 7.275 million) for a 2020 fifth rounder

7 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

The hypothetical is a second and a fourth plus 50 million guaranteed, no? Don't think anyone is proposing trading next year's first.

I was making a comparison to the Clark deal which would be a measuring stick for clowney. I don’t think a 2nd and a 4th would do it. 

It’s easy to come up with a hypothetical but I think they are asking for more than that based on the Clark deal. I’m in a don’t trade the first position because the offense has too many question marks to give up that much draft capital and cap space for a defensive player. 

7 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

They made a ton of offensive acquisitions and they have their QB. I'm sure the offense will need to be addressed next offseason. There's no reason you can't sign Clowney AND address the offense next year. The time to strike is when you're QB is on his rookie deal. Why not NOW? Sustained success just seems like another way of saying next NEXT year. At some point, these guys gotta win.

If you are giving up next years 1 like the Frank Clark deal, I’m out. You have a talented class of players coming in next season with a lot of the strength positions looking like they are in line with our potential needs. Free agency could include a plethora of talented DEs.

The defense wasn’t the problem last season, a DE doesn’t put us over the top. Doesn’t mean we couldn’t use another at the right time and at the right cost. A much improved offense does. I understand that we added pieces there but we have no idea if those players will gel and pan out. We aren’t in the same position as KC. We didn’t have a top offense last season. Don’t get rid of most valuable assets before the offense proves something.