Which trade do you prefer?

Which trade do you prefer?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the 3 trades (all mentioned in the media in the past 2 days) do you prefer? L'veon Bell, Jadeveon Clowney, Kyle Rudolph (multiple choices allowed)

• Le'Veon Bell (13 mill guaranteed) for 2020 2nd rounder + 5th rounder (or Shady in place of 5th rounder)
    • Jadeveon Clowney (say, 50 million guaranteed) for 2020 2nd rounder + 4th rounder
    • Kyle Rudolph (one year 7.275 million) for a 2020 fifth rounder

Bell for a 2nd is laughable.

Clowney, at that price, I would say yes.

Rudolph for a 5th feels like the type thing where we should be getting a 6th back too.

I've almost always been in the "can't trade a 1st for a player" camp, and the draft worked out perfect for us, but for a while when it looked like Oliver was likely gone and we'd be taking someone like Jonah Williams, thinking we could have just gotten Odell Beckham for that pick was giving some serious "hingsight is 20/20".

38 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Bell for a 2nd is laughable.

Clowney, at that price, I would say yes.

Rudolph for a 5th feels like the type thing where we should be getting a 6th back too.

I've almost always been in the "can't trade a 1st for a player" camp, and the draft worked out perfect for us, but for a while when it looked like Oliver was likely gone and we'd be taking someone like Jonah Williams, thinking we could have just gotten Odell Beckham for that pick was giving some serious "hingsight is 20/20".

Always hold on to those 1st rounders. :thumbsup:

Rudolph would be nice.

I think Clowney takes the defense to another level. A pass rush of Oliver, Hughes and Clowney would be near the top of the league I'd imagine. 

I'd be good with both trades immediately. We have the cap space right now and don't have to pay Josh Allen yet. This is the time to make a move for an expensive contract. 

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Always hold on to those 1st rounders. :thumbsup:

At this point in the season, absolutely.

When you are leading up to the draft and premier players in the middle of their prime come on the block and you have a boatload of cap space it's time to have a conversation.

At this point I would be less bothered by giving up a second for Clowney because I believe we're in for a good year (even better with him on the line) so I think it'd be a late second rounder. A 4th as well? Hmmm, that's pushing it but I'd probably go for it. Beane is good at trades so he'd probably find a way to get the 4th back at least.

3 hours ago, MJS said:

None of those trades seem plausible to me. Why would a 2nd rounder get it done for Clowney? Why would a 5th be enough for Rudolph?

Because of the contracts. Yes Rudolph is worth more than a 5th but it is as much as teams are willing to give up AND take on his contract.

As for Clowney, he is not a superstar so a second seems quite accurate especially knowing you have to sign him to a long term cap space eating deal.

18 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I like the topic. I voted for Rudolph as it is a little more low key. He’s an average NFL TE but with the Kroft injury he raises the floor. Even if Kroft comes back in a reasonable amount of time he and Rudolph are okay. It will give Knox some time to develop. 

I might chase Clowney in FA but don’t want to give up the assets.

...isn't Rudolph and a contract extension impasse with the Vikes?.......he's due to make $7.275 mil this year, so it'a a safe bet he's looking for $9-10 mil/yr......so would you gve a pick for a one year rental or have a deal in principle in place when he arrives at OBD for those dollars or whatever you think is an acceptable deal?....a four year deal would bring him up to age 33....

18 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Rudolph.

Bell and Clowney are hard nos because of the draft picks.

While I love a running game , we have a potential monster QB and we all know a young QBs favorite security blanket.

+1

Just say no to big money contracts to big name guys who will be washed up before the contract is up.  And double-no if he's a me-first player like Bell.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...isn't Rudolph and a contract extension impasse with the Vikes?.......he's due to make $7.275 mil this year, so it'a a safe bet he's looking for $9-10 mil/yr......so would you gve a pick for a one year rental or have a deal in principle in place when he arrives at OBD for those dollars or whatever you think is an acceptable deal?....a four year deal would bring him up to age 33....

Tricky question but I think I’d even do it on a rental basis. I’d give up a late rounder 5-7, for a year of him. This holds especially true if the Kroft injury is bad. If he is a monster this year you can always tag him. If not, he helps the development of Allen and Knox. The Vikings are up against it and just drafted Irv Smith. Ideally, you could sign Rudolph to a reasonable extension but even if not, I’d still consider it. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

Who is willing to give up Frank Clark type of compensation for Clowney before we know what we have on offense? 

But that's exactly why I'd be willing to make the move for Clowney. I'm interested in seeing the Bills win NOW. The defense is already good. You add a force like Clowney and it's suddenly one that scares the crap out of opposing QB's. That's a big deal. A dominant defense can help a young QB quite a bit and makes the playoffs a DISTINCT possibility THIS year. 

I just can't get down with the idea that we should wait until we know what we have on offense before making this kind of deal. We're all in on Allen. If he fails, it's gonna be a total re-do. But when you're all in, you have to go all in. 

Clowney has 9.5 sacks two straight seasons on a limited number of rushes. He's an extremely talented player with the potential to be even better. You add that guy to Oliver and Hughes and look out. I think people are hung up on Clowney taking some time to develop and being labeled a bust before his career got rolling. He's legit.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

I agree on Clowney. Even though many (including myself) say wait until August or the season to play out...he would be a monstrous addition to the defense. Even without high sack numbers, he is disruptive and good against the run. A few analysts (we know) even suggested that the Bills should trade for Clowney now instead of waiting for the draft to address the need at DE. And yes a 1st rounder is suggested.

It would be a nice mix on the line featuring Oliver, Clowney, Hughes and the mercurial Jordan Phillips.

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

But that's exactly why I'd be willing to make the move for Clowney. I'm interested in seeing the Bills win NOW. The defense is already good. You add a force like Clowney and it's suddenly one that scares the crap out of opposing QB's. That's a big deal. A dominant defense can help a young QB quite a bit and makes the playoffs a DISTINCT possibility THIS year. 

I just can't get down with the idea that we should wait until we know what we have on offense before making this kind of deal. We're all in on Allen. If he fails, it's gonna be a total re-do. But when you're all in, you have to go all in. 

Clowney has 9.5 sacks two straight seasons on a limited number of rushes. He's an extremely talented player with the potential to be even better. You add that guy to Oliver and Hughes and look out. I think people are hung up on Clowney taking some time to develop and being labeled a bust before his career got rolling. He's legit.

I absolutely refuse to give up a 1st and a second or third plus a 100 million dollar deal before we know what the offense looks like. We could be looking for a LT next year. We could also just select a DE in the first round and keep our picks and money. 

Why cant we go to the playoffs with this roster? Remember what we had when we went two years ago? It just seems like a rushed, expensive deal that could handcuff our cap space. 

Our offense was terrible. If it doesn’t get better we will need to address it through the draft next year but we wouldn’t be able to do that if we make a move like this before seeing what we have. For a team that’s looking for long term sustainable success, i don’t see them giving up those assets. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

I absolutely refuse to give up a 1st and a second or third plus a 100 million dollar deal before we know what the offense looks like. We could be looking for a LT next year. We could also just select a DE in the first round and keep our picks and money. 

Why cant we go to the playoffs with this roster? Remember what we had when we went two years ago? It just seems like a rushed, expensive deal that could handcuff our cap space. 

Our offense was terrible. If it doesn’t get better we will need to address it through the draft next year but we wouldn’t be able to do that if we make a move like this before seeing what we have. For a team that’s looking for long term sustainable success, i don’t see them giving up those assets. 

They made a ton of offensive acquisitions and they have their QB. I'm sure the offense will need to be addressed next offseason. There's no reason you can't sign Clowney AND address the offense next year. The time to strike is when you're QB is on his rookie deal. Why not NOW? Sustained success just seems like another way of saying next NEXT year. At some point, these guys gotta win.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

The hypothetical is a second and a fourth plus 50 million guaranteed, no? Don't think anyone is proposing trading next year's first.