Which trade do you prefer?

Which trade do you prefer?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the 3 trades (all mentioned in the media in the past 2 days) do you prefer? L'veon Bell, Jadeveon Clowney, Kyle Rudolph (multiple choices allowed)

• Le'Veon Bell (13 mill guaranteed) for 2020 2nd rounder + 5th rounder (or Shady in place of 5th rounder)
    • Jadeveon Clowney (say, 50 million guaranteed) for 2020 2nd rounder + 4th rounder
    • Kyle Rudolph (one year 7.275 million) for a 2020 fifth rounder

6 hours ago, elijah said:

I would think the compensation for Clowney would have to be greater than this. 

For comparison sake, Frank Clark just got the Seahawks a 1st, 2nd and swap of 3rds. 

I would think that Clowney would be atleast as valuable as Clark if not more valuable. 

Clark has a lot more production.

Clowney is basically on a 1 year deal for almost $16 million.  To give up a 2nd round + pick doesn't make since unless there is a long term deal.  Sounds very expensive to me.  I would guess he'd want a lot of guaranteed money.  Doesn't sound like a Beane type move unless they feel Clowney is the type of franchise player that will take the team to playoff caliber. 

5 minutes ago, richardb1952 said:

Clowney is basically on a 1 year deal for almost $16 million.  To give up a 2nd round + pick doesn't make since unless there is a long term deal.  Sounds very expensive to me.  I would guess he'd want a lot of guaranteed money.  Doesn't sound like a Beane type move unless they feel Clowney is the type of franchise player that will take the team to playoff caliber. 

I'd assume we'd have to agree to a contract extention in principal with his agent in order for the deal to happen.  Clowney, Oliver, Star/Phillips, and Hughes on the d-line would be our strongest lineup since Mario, K. Williams, Dareus, and Hughes.  I agree that Beane thinks both draft picks and a HUGE contract would be too much for one player.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

On bare numbers - yes. On pressure per rush, he doesn't. Clark was sent hunting a lot more than Clowney.

I believe you are correct but what Im saying is robably what GMs are saying.  He wants a huge contract and without seeing him play DE in the NFL teams will be reluctant.

Who is willing to give up Frank Clark type of compensation for Clowney before we know what we have on offense? Plus we’d have to give him a $100 million deal.  They aren’t ready for that type of move imo. Learn what your offense can do this season and take your home run swings next season if it’s appropriate to do so. 

Edited by Buffalo30
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Only one I would dismiss right away would be Bell.  You can't know for sure what you get from him with a year away from the game and he is invested heavily into by his contract.  Plus it is divisional and I wouldn't want to lose that draft compensation to the Jets even though all they will do is draft another DT with the pick anyways

Edited by Billzgobowlin

9 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

McCoy has played well for us and by all accounts is great in the locker room. It is very clear from their on field interactions that McCoy and Allen get along famously.

Why is it that every day there is a new way to get rid of him?  It's ridiculous.

I felt last year was pretty clear that he lost a serious steps.  I know the line was garbage, but speed wasn't there even when there were gaps for him to sneak through.  By the end of next season I wouldn't expect him to be the lead back unless Singeltary is hurt or struggles.

...That being said, I'm not trading for or paying Bell.