How to shut down a protest, Israeli-style

30 minutes ago, Augie said:

I get her wanting to go. AND, I get you having serious reservations. We just completed an “international” trip (just Bahamas, but you have immigration), and have a much larger trip planned early fall. This isn’t the place for discussion, but it’s serious give and take. The day we get back may be my happiest day, despite how much I want the rest. Home is home. 

I understand your point as well. Complaining about an inconvenience isn't the greatest look.

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

That's (causing a disruption on your precious  individual existence) the whole point in civil disobedience.  

LMAO... Like anything will get done if nobody is bothered.

Get a job hippy.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I believe some feminists protest in parts of Europe by going topless. I could be wrong, but if I'm right I don't think that is a solution.

I'm never for a protest that is unannounced blocking traffic, and disrupting business and people just trying to get to work or pick up their kids from school or daycare. 

It's more of what I think is a new phenomenon. Some people protest, the other protests the protest. Then more protest the protests protest. 

I'm not super religious, and it isn't that bad in this instance. It's just like a bikini top, but I mean maybe someone has their child with them who'd rather not expose a 3 year old to all this crap yet.

European sexuality is so far less prudish that the US.    On many of the beaches on the Med you will see topless women and fat assed men in speedo's  

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

European sexuality is so far less prudish that the US.    On many of the beaches on the Med you will see topless women and fat assed men in speedo's  

My family is German. Like off the boat German, please don't remind me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Augie said:

I have also taken off my shirt  in moments of high tension.  I ain’t no Chris Farley, but if you get them to chuckle just a little bit, it’s a ***** in the armor.....and you can break them down!  It helps if you paint a smiley face on first. 

Maybe.....

Did someone in the crowd throw you a bra? What cup size was it? Did it fit? :ph34r: