We’ve claimed T De’Ondre Wesley off waivers and signed TE Mik’Quan Deane

58 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..thanks bud...so my "find" tells us nothing......but why show for OTA's if you're not under contract and suffer a serious injury?....what is your recourse?............

it tells us something   ... just not that he's actually signed 

Why do you show up?   To show a commitment.  

And as to injuries .... thats a damn good question 

3 hours ago, Irv said:

DiMarco already is expendable.

If that is the case, (and I don't disagree) it does beg the question, what do the Bills do on those plays which call for a fullback sharing the backfield?  They have a stable full of tight ends, (when Kroft gets healthy) but I don't know that most of them are great fits to line up in the backfield.  Deane might be a better fit for that than most, if he can actually block.  Plus, he has a background that includes catching a lot of passes, albeit at a lower level of competition.

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

it tells us something   ... just not that he's actually signed 

Why do you show up?   To show a commitment.  

And as to injuries .... thats a damn good question 

What happens to unsigned rookie if he gets injured in NFL minicamp? Does he get paid?

Posted May 11, 2018    By Ryan Dunleavy | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

So why would a rookie step on the field for his first NFL practice without first signing a contract?

It's called the "rookie participation agreement," and it essentially assures a draft pick injured during minicamps, offseason workouts or the rookie development program will receive the same contract he would have if healthy, one longtime NFLPA-certified agent explained to NJ Advance Media.
Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

The Bills really are trying to roll people through for evaluations.  Seems like a no stone unturned scenario. 

If that were the case I would have been laid much earlier in life :D

if that was the case what would your batters average be? just wondering lol

16 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Don't forget Lee Smith is involved. We seem to have a lot of depth there thankfully

I hope he traded in the boxing gloves he wore in first tour of duty with the Bills ;)