We’ve claimed T De’Ondre Wesley off waivers and signed TE Mik’Quan Deane

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Didn't we have Wesley last year? 

Go to link in Bills announcement.  Was here on PS 2017 and beginning of last year. Went to Colts where Bobbie Johnson was Asst O Line coach last year. Small world. 

5 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Go to link in Bills announcement.  Was here on PS 2017 and beginning of last year. Went to Colts where Bobbie Johnson was Asst O Line coach last year. Small world. 

Good catch.  Knows his system so he won't need extra instructions.  Probably makes for a good camp body.

3 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I’m concerned about Beane feeling the need to sign a tackle. Has Ford looked that bad?

They got rid of a tackle and signed another.  Just some roster churn after first OTAs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

The Bills really are trying to roll people through for evaluations.  Seems like a no stone unturned scenario. 

If that were the case I would have been laid much earlier in life :D

...with this being a PG-13 site, we just cannot go into your personal failures......however....you are in the TBD prayers.......

39 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m sure God appreciates a man with a low bar. 

He loves us all?

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...with this being a PG-13 site, we just cannot go into your personal failures......however....you are in the TBD prayers.......

I know you are oldtimeguy, but man try a little "R" once in awhile. It shouldn't kill ya. Too quickly.......?( I kid I kid)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

The addition of a guy like Mik'Quan Deane -- rather than pursuing a "name" player like a Kyle Rudolph -- tells me they're fine rolling with Knox, Sweeney, and Croom until Kroft comes back healthy. Hopefully the rooks can get up to speed quickly.

How long is this foot going to take to heal? Oct? A crew of Croom and Knox doesn't give me much faith in us targeting TE's very much.

7 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

He loves us all?

I know you are oldtimeguy, but man try a little "R" once in awhile. It shouldn't kill ya. Too quickly.......?( I kid I kid)

...you know my friend, sometimes this place gets so wrapped up in fits of anger and back 'n forth diatribes, I try to interject a bit of humor to lighten things up... after all, it IS a DAMN game and MB.....if my style to interject some humor to unwind tight nylons or a moment to clear sand out of one's jockey shorts is not welcome, tell me and I'll be gone easily with no harm no foul....your call..........

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...you know my friend, sometimes this place gets so wrapped up in fits of anger and back 'n forth diatribes, I try to interject a bit of humor to lighten things up... after all, it IS a DAMN game and MB.....if my style to interject some humor to unwind tight nylons or a moment to clear sand out of one's jockey shorts is not welcome, tell me and I'll be gone easily with no harm no foul....your call..........

Im sorry of I led you astray friend. No, I agree wholeheartedly...live, laugh, love.I'm in full support of your point of view. 

However, if you have a story about sandy jockeys you'd like to share, I'd be all for it...lol. Unless of course we find our way back to the Winslow thread...then I'd say no thanks. That place feels dirty?

2 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Im sorry of I led you astray friend. No, I agree wholeheartedly...live, laugh, love.I'm in full support of your point of view. 

However, if you have a story about sandy jockeys you'd like to share, I'd be all for it...lol. Unless of course we find our way back to the Winslow thread...then I'd say no thanks. That place feels dirty?

...we're ALL good...really like your stuff.....AND...the check is in the mail...............:thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...we're ALL good...really like your stuff.....AND...the check is in the mail...............:thumbsup:

You are the man. I thank you for your humor. And passion. Great thing when we can actually have a discussion AND laugh!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

I’m concerned about Beane feeling the need to sign a tackle. Has Ford looked that bad?

It had nothing to do with Ford. 

This was a move to upgrade the depth/competition at tackle. They released one tackle and replaced him with someone they feel is better. 

Plus, The Bills must clearly like Wesley. They’ve signed him to their practice squad twice, and now grabbed him off waivers. 

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Or they don't want to give up compensation and cap space for Rudolph and would rather take the risk with what they have. 

At some point parting ways with future draft picks for established veterans isn't a bad idea, IMO..... especially when you need to see results on the field.

From what I read on PFT today, Randolph is in neogtiations with the Vikes on a longer term spread the payment out deal, although it said they are still far apart and may not actually reach a deal, the Vikes may not be actively shopping him until the talks fall through.

2 hours ago, Logic said:

The addition of a guy like Mik'Quan Deane -- rather than pursuing a "name" player like a Kyle Rudolph -- tells me they're fine rolling with Knox, Sweeney, and Croom until Kroft comes back healthy. Hopefully the rooks can get up to speed quickly.

Don't forget Lee Smith is involved. We seem to have a lot of depth there thankfully

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Deane from his pre draft reports is an athletic TE who was pretty productive his senior year at Western Kentucky, 44 catches for 530 yards & 6 tds.

Worth a shot imo. Here's another pre draft scouting report:

Screenshot_1.jpg

Edited by brianthomas

2 hours ago, Logic said:

I think you're correct.  I saw where it is being reported that Rudolf was offered a contract extension from the Vikings, thus taking him out of play.  They'll keep Lee Smith to have a veteran influence to help the young guys and be the main in-line TE.  Croom may be the biggest beneficiary of this whole drama.  

3 hours ago, Logic said:

This makes no sense to me. Along with the fact that they just signed Lee Smith to a three year contract, adding another TE to the mix makes me suspect that they aren't fine rolling with Knox, Sweeney, and Croom. Would McD expect Sweeney to be more than PS candidate? At the very least, I certainly wouldn't put Sweeney above Knox, Croom, or Smith.