We’ve claimed T De’Ondre Wesley off waivers and signed TE Mik’Quan Deane

The addition of a guy like Mik'Quan Deane -- rather than pursuing a "name" player like a Kyle Rudolph -- tells me they're fine rolling with Knox, Sweeney, and Croom until Kroft comes back healthy. Hopefully the rooks can get up to speed quickly.

• Like (+1) 3

The Bills really are trying to roll people through for evaluations.  Seems like a no stone unturned scenario. 

Just now, Augie said:

I’m sure God appreciates a man with a low bar. 

If that were the case I would have been laid much earlier in life :D

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Logic said:

The addition of a guy like Mik'Quan Deane -- rather than pursuing a "name" player like a Kyle Rudolph -- tells me they're fine rolling with Knox, Sweeney, and Croom until Kroft comes back healthy. Hopefully the rooks can get up to speed quickly.

Its May. We won't know their comfort level until August.

Edited by TheTruthHurts
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Logic said:

...so what's the scoop bud?..............

28 minutes ago, Logic said:

I think it’s still to early to assume that we won’t be trading for a vet.  This guy will be cut if a move is made.  May as well take a look at him to see what he’s got. It’s not as if the dudes we cut had any chance of making the team.  It’s only been a few days since Kroft went out.  

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

The Bills really are trying to roll people through for evaluations.  Seems like a no stone unturned scenario. 

If that were the case I would have been laid much earlier in life :D

Apparently even God has limits? 

• Like (+1) 1

Mik'Quan Deane sounds like an H-back type.  He's the smallest and lightest of Buffalo's tight ends.  If he gets stronger and can block, I wonder if he could make DiMarco expendable

9 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Mik'Quan Deane sounds like an H-back type.  He's the smallest and lightest of Buffalo's tight ends.  If he gets stronger and can block, I wonder if he could make DiMarco expendable

He's best look into short-term housing at an local hotel.    A cup of Tim Horton's might be the length of time he's here...

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Didn't we have Wesley last year? 

Yep.   He's living the dream....

"Wesley, 26, was on Buffalo’s practice squad in 2017 and re-signed for the 2018 offseason. He was assigned to the Bills practice squad again at the start of the 2018 season, but was released in mid-September.  He spent the second half of the 2018 campaign on the practice squad of the Indianapolis Colts and was re-signed for the 2019 offseason. Wesley however, was just released by the club on Tuesday.

A former undrafted rookie signing of the Baltimore Ravens in 2015, Wesley appeared in six career games for the Ravens, but has not seen regular season action since."

Edited by Lurker
  • Thank you (+1) 1