Bills appear to be trying to add another TE - had placed a claim for Jordan Leggett

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Doesn’t matter what I think about the DE position, they appear to be trying to add another TE 

He couldn’t possibly know their playbook yet, it’s new on both sides

As an existing member of the team, he should have received a preliminary playbook already.

A Jets player (Rashard Robinson) tweeted out about studying and thoughtlessly included a image of a play from their playbook that included notes about blocking assignments, routes, etc weeks ago (and was cut the day after although it's not suspected the tweet had anything to do with it).

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

As an existing member of the team, he should have received a preliminary playbook already.

A Jets player (Rashard Robinson) tweeted out about studying and thoughtlessly included a image of a play from their playbook that included notes about blocking assignments, routes, etc weeks ago (and was cut the day after although it's not suspected the tweet had anything to do with it).

Weird. Jake Fisher did the exact same thing and also was cut the next day.

They have received prelim playbooks on device that they need to give back - but I don’t think Leggett would have the type of understanding yet to be able to benefit the Bills enough for that to be the reason to bring him in. Gore probably knows more having been in Gase’s system for a year. 

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

Tight End seems to be the most up in the air position we have at the moment.

OL will have some interesting battles, but we know we have some good players there.  Tight End has so many question marks..  High ceiling rookie who was barely used in college, an elite blocking tight end, a late round rookie, dude who's dating the owner's daughter and an injured semi-proven guy.

I think you hit on the answer. 4 new starters on the OL and a 2nd Year QB? 

PROTECT.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I wonder if they even consider bringing him back after he posted the pic of the playbook on Instagram 

Ouch

6 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Sounds like a raise, but they can probably get out of it easier if they decide to dump him..

Huh?  Rudolph is definitely looking for a payday and long term deal.  But they would have a much more difficult time dumping him with a new deal.  He’s currently on the last year of a contract and there’s no dead money if he’s released or traded.  Doesn’t get much easier to dump someone than that. 

1 hour ago, Locomark said:

Why do we continue to look for random players to play TE?? Sorry but Beane hasn't impressed me in his ability to ID or sign TE talent. Maybe Mark Brammer has a nephew somewhere?

What did you want though?  Beane chose to sign a lot of good players as opposed to 1 or 2 elite players.  It's not like there's a plethora of great TE's out there.  Everyone in our division is in the same boat when it comes to this position right now.

We did end up getting one of the tight ends considered by most draft experts to be in the upper tier before the drop off.

25 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Wow. I missed that one. When did he post it?

The night before he was cut. It’s in one of the threads from that day — can’t remember which one. 

Edit - here it is 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

At this point, this could be nothing more than picking up a camp body.  There may be some better options available when the teams make the first cut down from 90.  If a trade for Rudolf isn't in the cards, maybe they could make a pitch for Cameron Brate of Jack Doyle.  Both are good players getting little playing time because of a better player ahead of them.

There is only one mandatory cut now unless a team releases a player early to give him a chance of being picked up.

Courtney Cronin ESPN Staff Writer  5/22/19   11:53AM

"Rudolph, 29, has said he's "too young" to take a pay cut, and it doesn't appear the Vikings have asked. During the first week of voluntary OTAs, which Rudolph is attending, he confirmed a report by Pro Football Talk that claimed the Vikings offered him a five-year extension. The report said the deal would give Rudolph “a new-money average among the highest-paid tight ends in the league" and is expected to lower his cap hit this season. "

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Courtney Cronin ESPN Staff Writer  5/22/19   11:53AM

"Rudolph, 29, has said he's "too young" to take a pay cut, and it doesn't appear the Vikings have asked. During the first week of voluntary OTAs, which Rudolph is attending, he confirmed a report by Pro Football Talk that claimed the Vikings offered him a five-year extension. The report said the deal would give Rudolph “a new-money average among the highest-paid tight ends in the league" and is expected to lower his cap hit this season. "

Right on. I hope he gets paid. I suppose it won't be in Buffalo. I think the staff has hope/faith that by this time next year, Dawson Knox is ready to settle in as the Bills' long term starter at tight end. As such, it's hard to see them committing big cap dollars to Kyle Rudolph.

11 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

just read his bio again and sounds like he has a nick o'leary class reliability catching passes but probably a better blocker.

tasker says he looks bigger than his stats.  6'4 251.

Did you see that picture from the rookie photo op or whatever? He's huge. I actually have more confidence in Sweeney than I do Knox. He's just solid.

17 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Did you see that picture from the rookie photo op or whatever? He's huge. I actually have more confidence in Sweeney than I do Knox. He's just solid.

Sweeney is someone who can step in and play right away and can catch and block. I think he will make the team esp with Kroft situation. It’s just that he’s not the athletic upside of Knox, who may need longer to develop but has a ridiculous ceiling. Sweeney kind of reminds me of chandler. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sweeney is someone who can step in and play right away and can catch and block. I think he will make the team esp with Kroft situation. It’s just that he’s not the athletic upside of Knox, who may need longer to develop but has a ridiculous ceiling. Sweeney kind of reminds me of chandler. 

Same. Hopefully he knows when to go down. I loved Chandler, but the way he would get held up/stay up fighting for inches while the opponents swatted at the ball(sometimes successfully) made me NERVOUS. We'll see with Knox. I have my doubts, but the upside is there.