Bills appear to be trying to add another TE - had placed a claim for Jordan Leggett

15 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

......sounds like money is a MAJOR hurdle...................

Kyle Rudolph, Vikings are talking extension, but not making much progress

Posted by Mike Florio on May 16, 2019, 11:21 PM EDT

The talks between the Vikings and tight end Kyle Rudolph on a potential contract extension aren’t dead, but they currently aren’t going anywhere.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Vikings and Rudolph have not ended talks (contrary to a recent report that they have). However, the two sides aren’t making much progress.

The Vikings, according to the source, have offered Rudolph a five-year extension, which would give Rudolph a new-money average among the highest paid tight ends in the league. That extension also would, presumably, reduce Rudolph’s current cap number of $7.625 million

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/16/kyle-rudolph-vikings-are-talking-extension-but-not-making-much-progress/

Sounds like a raise, but they can probably get out of it easier if they decide to dump him..

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Isn’t he mainly an in line TE? I know he had a big bowl game 

for the most part.  bc is just such a run heavy offense that rarely will you see a wr or te with impressive numbers.  if i'm not mistaken, he had gotten better every year, peaked in his junior year with 500 something yards, and had a less impressive senior year.  bc uses aj dillon as their work horse, so he did a lot of blocking.

The Bills have a number of TEs on the roster, including a UDFA or two.  If they were to sign one, I assume it would be to upgrade the back end of the TE depth.  Unless they were to coax Gronk out of retirement (which I don't expect) there can't be a lot of quality out there.

I don’t think he’s any good, but interesting they tried to get him - they are maxed out on the roster so would have needed to cut someone if they were awarded the claim. 

Do we not get injury relief of some sort on Kroft?  

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Kyle Rudolph, Vikings are talking extension, but not making much progress

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, ...

I for one am disappointed by the narrowness of this report.  On this page we usually get our inside information from sources with no knowledge of the situation.  What are they saying?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Tight End seems to be the most up in the air position we have at the moment.

OL will have some interesting battles, but we know we have some good players there.  Tight End has so many question marks..  High ceiling rookie who was barely used in college, an elite blocking tight end, a late round rookie, dude who's dating the owner's daughter and an injured semi-proven guy.

Why?

Don't you think it would be good to have another pass rushing DE?  Just my thought.  They have four (I believe) TEs on the roster now...if I am not mistaken.

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

The Bills have a number of TEs on the roster, including a UDFA or two.  If they were to sign one, I assume it would be to upgrade the back end of the TE depth.  Unless they were to coax Gronk out of retirement (which I don't expect) there can't be a lot of quality out there.

At this point, this could be nothing more than picking up a camp body.  There may be some better options available when the teams make the first cut down from 90.  If a trade for Rudolf isn't in the cards, maybe they could make a pitch for Cameron Brate of Jack Doyle.  Both are good players getting little playing time because of a better player ahead of them.

25 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Don't you think it would be good to have another pass rushing DE?  Just my thought.  They have four (I believe) TEs on the roster now...if I am not mistaken.

Doesn’t matter what I think about the DE position, they appear to be trying to add another TE 

21 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

They might have been bringing him as a camp body who knows an AFC East Rivals playbook

He couldn’t possibly know their playbook yet, it’s new on both sides

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

Do we not get injury relief of some sort on Kroft?  

I'm pretty sure Kroft is eligible to be put on the Active/PUP list for the summer.

If he cannot play by the end of Preseason a decision would have to be made as to Reserve/PUP or IR.

I would think that OBD would want to wait to see how the surgery goes and a timeline given before any decision is made.

One thing I have noticed in the past is some teams cut one of the lowest 90 roster guys and then bring him back once

a player designation is made.