Bills appear to be trying to add another TE - had placed a claim for Jordan Leggett

Didn’t get him, but he was cut by the Jets on 5/20 which is the day that Kroft got hurt. Don’t know if it was before or after the injury that the claim was put in. I believe it was after.

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah and the new league year has started.

As for Leggett, it's not like the Jets have anyone at TE worth anything so he's no loss.

I don’t think he’s any good, but interesting they tried to get him - they are maxed out on the roster so would have needed to cut someone if they were awarded the claim. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think he’s any good, but interesting they tried to get him - they are maxed out on the roster so would have needed to cut someone if they were awarded the claim. 

I would assume it was in response to Kroft.

Just now, Doc said:

I would assume it was in response to Kroft.

I assume so as well - he was cut Monday afternoon and the claim would have been put in at some point after that, when they would have known about the injury. Now we see if they target someone else or wait.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think Leggett is anything great but I wonder if Gase even attempted to trade him given all the teams that tried to claim him 

He has no trade value.  Waiver wire pickup for nothing on a nothing contract?  Sure.

29 minutes ago, JAMIEBUF12 said:

Time to trade for Kyle Rudolph and be done with the whole tight end thing?

......sounds like money is a MAJOR hurdle...................

Kyle Rudolph, Vikings are talking extension, but not making much progress

Posted by Mike Florio on May 16, 2019, 11:21 PM EDT

The talks between the Vikings and tight end Kyle Rudolph on a potential contract extension aren’t dead, but they currently aren’t going anywhere.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Vikings and Rudolph have not ended talks (contrary to a recent report that they have). However, the two sides aren’t making much progress.

The Vikings, according to the source, have offered Rudolph a five-year extension, which would give Rudolph a new-money average among the highest paid tight ends in the league. That extension also would, presumably, reduce Rudolph’s current cap number of $7.625 million

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/16/kyle-rudolph-vikings-are-talking-extension-but-not-making-much-progress/

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

He has no trade value.  Waiver wire pickup for nothing on a nothing contract?  Sure.

Not sure about that ... could have gotten a conditional draft pick if a team wanted the rookie contract on a young player without having to chance the waiver order. Maybe he did try, just interesting so many teams were interested.

Edited by YoloinOhio