Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Bills appear to be trying to add another TE - had placed a claim for Jordan Leggett

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Didn’t get him, but he was cut by the Jets on 5/20 which is the day that Kroft got hurt. Don’t know if it was before or after the injury that the claim was put in. I believe it was after.

 

 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time to put out the Gronk signal or call him on the Gronk phone. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Why does the waiver wire even apply at this time of the year? 

He’s still on his rookie deal 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah and the new league year has started.

 

As for Leggett, it's not like the Jets have anyone at TE worth anything so he's no loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah and the new league year has started.

 

As for Leggett, it's not like the Jets have anyone at TE worth anything so he's no loss.

I don’t think he’s any good, but interesting they tried to get him - they are maxed out on the roster so would have needed to cut someone if they were awarded the claim. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think he’s any good, but interesting they tried to get him - they are maxed out on the roster so would have needed to cut someone if they were awarded the claim. 

 

I would assume it was in response to Kroft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Doc said:

 

I would assume it was in response to Kroft.

I assume so as well - he was cut Monday afternoon and the claim would have been put in at some point after that, when they would have known about the injury. Now we see if they target someone else or wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jordon Leggett ??

Image result for sanford and son gif
 
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i hope everyone is getting ready for sweeney time.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Why does the waiver wire even apply at this time of the year? 

Must avoid chaos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time to trade for Kyle Rudolph and be done with the whole tight end thing😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, teef said:

i hope everyone is getting ready for sweeney time.

 

The demon barber of Fleet Street....

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, teef said:

i hope everyone is getting ready for sweeney time.

tommy boy is gonna be a stud. we don't need to  spend time trying to find another te.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, teef said:

i hope everyone is getting ready for sweeney time.

Isn’t he mainly an in line TE? I know he had a big bowl game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

just read his bio again and sounds like he has a nick o'leary class reliability catching passes but probably a better blocker.

 

tasker says he looks bigger than his stats.  6'4 251.

Edited by billsredneck1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think Leggett is anything great but I wonder if Gase even attempted to trade him given all the teams that tried to claim him 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think Leggett is anything great but I wonder if Gase even attempted to trade him given all the teams that tried to claim him 

 

He has no trade value.  Waiver wire pickup for nothing on a nothing contract?  Sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, JAMIEBUF12 said:

Time to trade for Kyle Rudolph and be done with the whole tight end thing😜

 

......sounds like money is a MAJOR hurdle...................

Kyle Rudolph, Vikings are talking extension, but not making much progress

Posted by Mike Florio on May 16, 2019, 11:21 PM EDT
 

The talks between the Vikings and tight end Kyle Rudolph on a potential contract extension aren’t dead, but they currently aren’t going anywhere.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Vikings and Rudolph have not ended talks (contrary to a recent report that they have). However, the two sides aren’t making much progress.

 

The Vikings, according to the source, have offered Rudolph a five-year extension, which would give Rudolph a new-money average among the highest paid tight ends in the league. That extension also would, presumably, reduce Rudolph’s current cap number of $7.625 million

 

 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/16/kyle-rudolph-vikings-are-talking-extension-but-not-making-much-progress/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Doc said:

 

He has no trade value.  Waiver wire pickup for nothing on a nothing contract?  Sure.

Not sure about that ... could have gotten a conditional draft pick if a team wanted the rookie contract on a young player without having to chance the waiver order. Maybe he did try, just interesting so many teams were interested.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

 

......sounds like money is a MAJOR hurdle...................

Kyle Rudolph, Vikings are talking extension, but not making much progress

Posted by Mike Florio on May 16, 2019, 11:21 PM EDT
 

The talks between the Vikings and tight end Kyle Rudolph on a potential contract extension aren’t dead, but they currently aren’t going anywhere.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Vikings and Rudolph have not ended talks (contrary to a recent report that they have). However, the two sides aren’t making much progress.

 

The Vikings, according to the source, have offered Rudolph a five-year extension, which would give Rudolph a new-money average among the highest paid tight ends in the league. That extension also would, presumably, reduce Rudolph’s current cap number of $7.625 million

 

 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/16/kyle-rudolph-vikings-are-talking-extension-but-not-making-much-progress/

 

 

Sounds like a raise, but they can probably get out of it easier if they decide to dump him..

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shouldn't this be "trying to add another DE?"  Not TE.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Shouldn't this be "trying to add another DE?"  Not TE.

Why?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Isn’t he mainly an in line TE? I know he had a big bowl game 

for the most part.  bc is just such a run heavy offense that rarely will you see a wr or te with impressive numbers.  if i'm not mistaken, he had gotten better every year, peaked in his junior year with 500 something yards, and had a less impressive senior year.  bc uses aj dillon as their work horse, so he did a lot of blocking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bills have a number of TEs on the roster, including a UDFA or two.  If they were to sign one, I assume it would be to upgrade the back end of the TE depth.  Unless they were to coax Gronk out of retirement (which I don't expect) there can't be a lot of quality out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...