Death, Taxes and Peterman lighting it up....

Wouldn’t you just love to see 10 Raiders form a ‘human shield’ around him as they rumble down the field to end the half?  A new wrinkle on the ‘Hail Mary’, perhaps they name it the ‘Please God, please!’ (let me make it to the end zone) play.

...just some quick random thoughts about the Peterman saga.......

1. Drafted in the 5th hoping to fulfill a life long dream in the NFL as a QB in some role; why root against a youngster chasing his dream?

2. Chuckie did say he was "THE most NFL QB I've seen in years". Then again, out of 67 QB's in that draft, Chuckie graded 66 with A+ and one got an A- only because he shot his grandmother. It IS Chuckie folks.

3. The SD start was Dennison's idea because he couldn't work with Tuhrod IMO. We all know the colossal results.

4. Peterman comes back and shines in OTA's and TC. McBeane anoints him the ready starter, cutting loose McCarron for a valuable (COUGH) 5th. Seriously? Peterman has made the quantum leap from a 5th to a bonafide starter making a vet like McCarron immediately expendable? McBeane falls flat on his face and pleads with Anderson to "come outta the mothballs". Hence a MAJOR gaffe.

5. With that MAJOR gaffe, it becomes apparent Peterman was thrust into the starting position WAAAAAY over his head, melting down with live ammo versus the "comfort" of OTA's and TC. "Live Ammo Confidence Level" is on par with EJ's.

6. It's Chuckie to the rescue. he'll either groom him as Carr's backup, duh Raiders surprise starter or Mark Davis' new barber. Please refer to item #2 in BOLD.

....YAWN...............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

10 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

6. It's Chuckie to the rescue. he'll either groom him as Carr's backup, duh Raiders surprise starter or Mark Davis' new barber. Please refer to item #2 in BOLD.

He is most qualified as Mark Davis's new barber - it cannot get worse.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Think about that Chargers game and what happened. Joey Bosa stated after the game that that right side of the Bills line didn't get a hand on him... Mills, Miller and the OC for that year are all gone now. Still, five interceptions...

In the 2018 opener, Peterman started that Ravens game with one of the very worst offensive lines the Bills have ever fielded along with an OC that wanted him to throw deep...a formula for a disaster. Not to mention that the Bills didn't have much of an RB run game to take the pressure off the QB and he had little escape-ability. Asking Peterman to throw 49 times against that Bears defense with Shady going 10 rush attempts for 10 yards :wacko:

The kid isn't as bad as he showed IMO as he needed to be in a west coast scheme with an OC who could see his limitations as he didn't have the arm to throw that 18 yard out pass. That said, I'm glad he is a Raider. 3 TDs, 12 INTs. 

He was a fifth round draft pick who was said to be the most pro ready.  He played on a team that and to the playoffs.  Maybe he just isn’t good enough for the nfl.  There’s no shame on that.  But the hype he got here was a little crazy. 

24 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

He is most qualified as Mark Davis's new barber - it cannot get worse.

Scariest part is he pays $100 for that haircut. 

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Sorry I was late to work,  traffic.

...um...well...er...okay I'll let it slide this time...next time use the HOV lane with your Nancy Pelosi blow up doll in the passenger seat...ain't not cop willing to pull THAT over.......:thumbsup:

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 hour ago, Nihilarian said:

Think about that Chargers game and what happened. Joey Bosa stated after the game that that right side of the Bills line didn't get a hand on him... Mills, Miller and the OC for that year are all gone now. Still, five interceptions...

In the 2018 opener, Peterman started that Ravens game with one of the very worst offensive lines the Bills have ever fielded along with an OC that wanted him to throw deep...a formula for a disaster. Not to mention that the Bills didn't have much of an RB run game to take the pressure off the QB and he had little escape-ability. Asking Peterman to throw 49 times against that Bears defense with Shady going 10 rush attempts for 10 yards :wacko:

The kid isn't as bad as he showed IMO as he needed to be in a west coast scheme with an OC who could see his limitations as he didn't have the arm to throw that 18 yard out pass. That said, I'm glad he is a Raider. 3 TDs, 12 INTs. 

My comment was more about how he continued to throw that damn 10-yard out despite it getting pick-sixed almost every time.  I was being generous saying he thought he had a stronger arm than he does, when it may be more of a matter that he's just dumb.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...um...well...er...okay I'll let it slide this time...next time use the HOV lane with your Nancy Pelosi blow up doll in the passenger seat...ain't not cop willing to pull THAT over.......:thumbsup:

Yay politics!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nihilarian said:

Nope. He is every bit as bad as he showed. It wasn't on the line because he doesn't hold the ball anyway. He drops back and throws what he sees pre-snap. How do I know it isn't the protection? Because that is what he did at Pitt too. It isn't on Rick Dennison or Brian Daboll either. He has always trusted his arm to make throws it just cannot make. How do I know that? Because that was on his Pitt tape too. 

All the reasons that Nathan Peterman has failed as an NFL Quarterback are all the reasons why he was never a good NFL Quarterback prospect in the first place. I doubt he makes the Raiders roster and if he does and they have to put him on the field there will be no sudden turnaround in his fortunes. All there will be is more of the same. He is the same Quarterback he has always been. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

One observation - he seems to be a crowd killer.  Whenever he is on field it appears that a lot of people leave.  Maybe he just makes people thirsty. 

Thirsty?  Or could it be something else?

”I’ll be right back, dear.  Perhaps a $10 beer will settle my nerves...”

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

My comment was more about how he continued to throw that damn 10-yard out despite it getting pick-sixed almost every time.  I was being generous saying he thought he had a stronger arm than he does, when it may be more of a matter that he's just dumb.

...so my "probably dumb question" would be is how the hell does an astute coaching staff STILL let him use that play despite multiple failures on "the out"?....are we paying coaches for the "Oh Well Complacency" mode?.....guess I missed the "Pennington Memo".............

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

I'll put in back seat and pick up you to join her since HOV requires 3 here.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so my "probably dumb question" would be is how the hell does an astute coaching staff STILL let him use that play despite multiple failures on "the out"?....are we paying coaches for the "Oh Well Complacency" mode?.....guess I missed the "Pennington Memo".............

I don't doubt they told him not to. But Peterman reads defenses at the snap and then never again and trusts his arm on throws it cannot make. These were knocks on him long before the Bills used a 5th round pick on him. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Nope. He is every bit as bad as he showed. It wasn't on the line because he doesn't hold the ball anyway. He drops back and throws what he sees pre-snap. How do I know it isn't the protection? Because that is what he did at Pitt too. It isn't on Rick Dennison or Brian Daboll either. He has always trusted his arm to make throws it just cannot make. How do I know that? Because that was on his Pitt tape too. 

All the reasons that Nathan Peterman has failed as an NFL Quarterback are all the reasons why he was never a good NFL Quarterback prospect in the first place. I doubt he makes the Raiders roster and if he does and they have to put him on the field there will be no sudden turnaround in his fortunes. All there will be is more of the same. He is the same Quarterback he has always been. 

hqdefault.jpg